Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Girard Is a combo guard but if you were going to assign him a position it would be a 2g.

I’d put Buddy at the 3.

Girard handles the ball a lot but I don’t know if I’d call him the teams pg. one of his cousins runs point in the half court.

He has to let other players do something, but to me he is the one who runs the offense, and I think that guy is the point guard. Matter of opinion I guess. Are you saying he is not capable of being a point at the next level?
I do not know and thats why as said competition will settle all these position questions when and if he picks SU.
I agree that Buddy is a swing playing mostly at the 3.

Girard Is a combo guard but if you were going to assign him a position it would be a 2g.

I’d put Buddy at the 3.

Girard handles the ball a lot but I don’t know if I’d call him the teams pg. one of his cousins runs point in the half court.

Is Buddy big enough to be the 3? Just trying to figure it all out. In a perfect world, Buddy backs up Oshae next year, and if Joe were to commit, he'd back up Frank, Carey, or Battle if he stays)?

Is Buddy big enough to be the 3? Just trying to figure it all out. In a perfect world, Buddy backs up Oshae next year, and if Joe were to commit, he'd back up Frank, Carey, or Battle if he stays)?

Joe wouldn't be on campus until 2019. Frank will definitely be gone by then and Battle will 99% be gone as well.

Hope you meant honest certainly not cold and Jimmy was smart enough not to have to be ‘told’, knowing what he wanted just like Buddy did. :rolleyes:He’s just a true freshman and at the college that is the best fit for him and where he wanted to be. If you had followed at all, his list were Ivy League schools. Good for him.
Jimmy Boeheim
I meant it in the best sense. I cannot imagine the parenting that went into these choices. I would assume Jimmy would have had SU as his 1st choice, but somewhere along the line, dad said no to him, but yes to Buddy.
As a parent I am really awed by how this must have all played out at home.

I meant it in the best sense. I cannot imagine the parenting that went into these choices. I would assume Jimmy would have had SU as his 1st choice, but somewhere along the line, dad said no to him, but yes to Buddy.
As a parent I am really awed by how this must have all played out at home.
Maybe Jimmy wanted a place he could play and get an Ivy League education. It might not have been the toughest decision. It's not like he chose Yukon.

What is so appealing about oklahoma??
Well...they get guarded like no one else in the country...and scouted like no one else in the country. So there’s always that!

Having gone to Oklahoma U...let me think. There is the river bottom. The state is really flat. There's always the tornadoes. I never saw the waving wheat. The campus was interesting. The library is great. Fan spirit is phenomenal...especially for football. When I went there (40 some years ago) they didn't know what basketball was. It was wrestling and football. Then, there was always Dallas weekend to look forward to. Thats all I got positive about Oklahoma. Oh...big bugs and nasty spiders.

Jus
Maybe Jimmy wanted a place he could play and get an Ivy League education. It might not have been the toughest decision. It's not like he chose Yukon.
t the mere thought ought to be enough to get you banned!

Why does it seem like the Syracuse offer broke the dam and every other school is offering him now except Michigan who was on him the whole time because of Beilein.

I assume the fact that they play fast and loose and shorter guards are having success and their shooters always seem to find space. I have a hard time seeing why anyone would want to play the slog it out style we have been using. That said I can't imagine Girardi going there, like you just trying to figure out how they are in the mix.

Why does it seem like the Syracuse offer broke the dam and every other school is offering him now except Michigan who was on him the whole time because of Beilein.
If JGIII decides to play elsewhere than Syracuse, this board will be in an uproar and blame the following:
1) Coaching Staff for not landing him due to poor recruiting (probably will blame Gerry MacNamara) practices,
2) His Parents for not steering him to the local college, the popular NY college of choice, Syracuse
3) the Weather, who wants to play in the tundra of NYS
4) JGIII, himself who did not have the loyalty to remain in this area.

In reality, JGIII will decide on which school provides him the best opportunity for his future (either academically or for furthering his NBA ambitions).

Good luck to him in whatever school he choices.

If JGIII decides to play elsewhere than Syracuse, this board will be in an uproar and blame the following:
1) Coaching Staff for not landing him due to poor recruiting (probably will blame Gerry MacNamara) practices,
2) His Parents for not steering him to the local college, the popular NY college of choice, Syracuse

In reality, JGIII will decide on which school provides him the best opportunity for his future (either academically or for furthering his NBA ambitions).

On this one I won’t be upset. The kid looks a like good 4 year guy but he wasn’t a priority till recently.

I hope we get him but this kid owes us nothing. If we wanted him from day 1 he is probably Orange but from what is being said we look like a strong candidate here.

Maybe it has something to do with him averaging 50 ppg. He had 46 last night in his sectional opener.

Having gone to Oklahoma U...let me think. There is the river bottom. The state is really flat. There's always the tornadoes. I never saw the waving wheat. The campus was interesting. The library is great. Fan spirit is phenomenal...especially for football. When I went there (40 some years ago) they didn't know what basketball was. It was wrestling and football. Then, there was always Dallas weekend to look forward to. Thats all I got positive about Oklahoma. Oh...big bugs and nasty spiders.

That is the exact description I got from my daughter and soon-to-be son-in-law about Oklahoma, right down to the library at OU and the "big bugs and nasty spiders." There was some debate as to whether or not certain athletes were actual students as well, but I think that sort of speculation goes on at many DI schools.

I wonder if Syracuse ever offered a kid that we didn't really want to pacify fans? Because this offer really came after a lot of people were saying the chances of offering Girard were close to zero? Yet at the time we couldn't shoot the ball into the ocean. Could it be a token offer?

I'm not saying it's true, but I've seen other teams (typically in pro sports) employ strategies like this. I'm thinking of the Mets making an offer to a FA knowing full well it wasn't going to lead to anything just to satisfy fans.

Anyhow, I hope we are truly interested. I think he's a confident guy, with a great work ethic, and beautiful shot who could be a four year program guy. I hope he's Orange!

I wonder if Syracuse ever offered a kid that we didn't really want to pacify fans? Because this offer really came after a lot of people were saying the chances of offering Girard were close to zero? Yet at the time we couldn't shoot the ball into the ocean. Could it be a token offer?

I'm not saying it's true, but I've seen other teams (typically in pro sports) employ strategies like this. I'm thinking of the Mets making an offer to a FA knowing full well it wasn't going to lead to anything just to satisfy fans.

Anyhow, I hope we are truly interested. I think he's a confident guy, with a great work ethic, and beautiful shot who could be a four year program guy. I hope he's Orange!

Is there a Jimmer factor? What if this guy turns out to be the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom