Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felt like a great time to repost my comment from last week:

Heard in Coach K's office in Durham:

Duke assistant: Hey Coach, what are your thoughts on Joe Girard?
Coach K: It's actually Joe Girardi. He had a pretty good MLB career and will have a lot more free time now that he's not managing the Yankees.
Duke assistant: No, Joe G-I-R-A-R-D III.
Coach K: Who?
Duke assistant: The all-time scoring leader in NYS, he's a 6'1 guard, ranked #168 in the nation.
Coach K: Hard pass. We only recruit top 4 players.
Duke assistant: But Coach, Syracuse just offered him, and G-Mac is going to see him play.
Coach K: Get me on a jet to Glens Falls immediately! Call his people and make an offer! Get his parents six-figure jobs in Durham! We can not let Syracuse get any players on their team!

He'll get Greg Paulus'd there. He will be our starting quarterback in the fall of 2023,
He'd get Jordan Tucker'd. Join the 'Brotherhood' until K adds 3 McD AA in the late spring and following year, and be the #12 guy in the rotation. Transfer to St. Bonaventure and light us up in November 2021.

Last edited:
He'd get Jordan Tucker'd. Join the 'Brotherhood' until K adds 3 McD AA in the late spring and following year, and be the #12 guy in the rotation. Transfer to St. Bonaventure and light us up in February 2021.
I was gonna go that route but wasn't sure if it would be I'll received. Some people aren't over the tucker spurn yet. How bout that hip hop scene in hotlanta though.

Can only hope both UNC and Duke are on that FBI list...
200.gif

That’s alright. Let’s get Bertram. He’s better anyway.
We’ll see how this plays out in the fall, but we should definitely be on Bertram. As soon as this season’s over, JB needs to hit the recruiting trail hard.

What happened to all the folks that said Girard wasn't a high major player? What happened to all comments that his high school competition is weak?

He's now get several high major offers. It doesn't get much more prestigious than an offer from Duke.

That said, I can easily see him being the next Paulus or Tucker if he goes to Duke. He'd be better suited at Syracuse or even Oklahoma for that matter.

I hope he's Orange!!!

Gotta say, as much as I love Andy and Trevor, if I am a white shooting guard, Duke's gotta be high on my list. :confused:

Here is a theory. We may know who joe is and know he is a good player however we didn’t offer until late. I wonder if the staff was smart enough to bait Duke into giving this kid a scholarship...SU and Duke will always compete for kids but at some point you need to outsmart every now and then.

Cant wait for saturday. Think Battle gets the best of them again.

Wow i resent Duke

A win at cameron would certainly solidify a little rivalry. They’ve had our number in recruitments, lets start a winning streak against them thats a little more personal.

Gotta say, as much as I love Andy and Trevor, if I am a white shooting guard, Duke's gotta be high on my list. :confused:

I would say Notre Dame or Michigan under Beilein.

Here is a theory. We may know who joe is and know he is a good player however we didn’t offer until late. I wonder if the staff was smart enough to bait Duke into giving this kid a scholarship...SU and Duke will always compete for kids but at some point you need to outsmart every now and then.

There was also a theory about the Earth being flat. Well the bass would've ate the bait if Girard committed to us and we didn't want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom