Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
60 points tonight for JG3 ...36 coming in the 2nd half after Glens Falls was trailing by 4 at halftime!

Twos: 9/14
Threes: 8/13
Free Throws: 18/19
I was there tonight. Not sure if you were as well. Girard is immensely talented but in all fairness the rest of the Glens Falls team is not. Schuylerville had two kids who scored 29 and 26 points respectively so they had some shooters as well. The game was very sloppy with lots of fouls and turnovers. Girard had a bunch of turnovers, some not his fault when teammates were not expecting his passes but he also got his pocket picked a couple times. He also had a couple airballs with the second one looked like he might have gotten fouled on.

No question that he was more amped up in the second half. Getting into it physically and emotionally. Scoring 36 points in 16 minutes of game action is amazing at any level and 60 in 32 minutes. Like others have said, a three point shot is a three point shot no matter what level you are playing in. Many of them were nothing but net.

Someone made the comment earlier in the thread about Robbie Benson and the movie "One on One". It's about a small town basketball star than gets recruited to play at a big university. The coach doesn't like his style of play so he sits him. Definitely could be some correlation but Girard is a great shooter and well worth a high D-1 scholarship. Until tonight, I didn't think that prep school was an option, but I could definitely see where playing against future D-1 talent every day for a year would make a huge difference. Except for AAU, he has no one to challenge him in practice. Plus going to prep school would help him with his handle and his defense.

I was there tonight. Not sure if you were as well. Girard is immensely talented but in all fairness the rest of the Glens Falls team is not. Schuylerville had two kids who scored 29 and 26 points respectively so they had some shooters as well. The game was very sloppy with lots of fouls and turnovers. Girard had a bunch of turnovers, some not his fault when teammates were not expecting his passes but he also got his pocket picked a couple times. He also had a couple airballs with the second one looked like he might have gotten fouled on.

No question that he was more amped up in the second half. Getting into it physically and emotionally. Scoring 36 points in 16 minutes of game action is amazing at any level and 60 in 32 minutes. Like others have said, a three point shot is a three point shot no matter what level you are playing in. Many of them were nothing but net.

Someone made the comment earlier in the thread about Robbie Benson and the movie "One on One". It's about a small town basketball star than gets recruited to play at a big university. The coach doesn't like his style of play so he sits him. Definitely could be some correlation but Girard is a great shooter and well worth a high D-1 scholarship. Until tonight, I didn't think that prep school was an option, but I could definitely see where playing against future D-1 talent every day for a year would make a huge difference. Except for AAU, he has no one to challenge him in practice. Plus going to prep school would help him with his handle and his defense.
Great write up, I think his shooting ability is not a question but it would be great if he played against better competition to truly get ready for college, I feel like athletic college defenders will be overwhelming for him early in his career.

I just want to say this is not a post to bash him, I would be happy to have him here.

Who would want to play in an environment like what we had at the end of the unc game? Idiot.

There is a pretty good chance he plays very little early at any of these big programs.. Maybe he likes this weather over the crappy UNC winters. maybe his family wants to be able to see him play 75% of his games and not just some for very little cost.. Maybe he wants to get away from home..

time will tell.

I think Girard is better right now but I think Bertram has the higher ceiling. Height is part of it.

About to catch some of Girard right now at the Glens Falls Civic Center.
They are playing Schalmont? Will be a tough game. Not sure Glens Falls can match up with the two O'Dells from Schalmont. JGIII might need 70 tonight.

Not a good start. Down 15-3. Girard is visibly frustrated and taking some shots Cooney would be bashful if.

They are playing Schalmont? Will be a tough game. Not sure Glens Falls can match up with the two O'Dells from Schalmont. JGIII might need 70 tonight.
Not a good start. Down 15-3. Girard is visibly frustrated and taking some shots Cooney would be bashful if.

I guess JGIII and Glens Falls made some adjustments in the 2nd quarter. 22 points in 8 minutes is a good 8 minutes.
James Allen‏ @TUSidelines 13m13 minutes ago
Joseph Girard III has scored 31 points in the first half, 22 coming in the second quarter.

Name 2 white shooting guards at those schools better known than Reddick and Allen.
Not sure what race has to do with this, but Ben Hansbrough was Big East POY and 2nd team All-American in 2011.

Marisa Jacques‏ @MarisaJacquesTV 13m13 minutes ago
Schalmont ends Glens Falls season on the boys side 87-82 was the final. Shane O’Dell had 39 points for the Sabres. Jesse O’Dell has 22. Joseph Girard III has 56 in the loss.

The O'Dells outscored JGIII by five which was also the final difference. JGIII finished with a final season scoring average of 49.96. Not too shabby.

Just got back from the GF game. J. Girard shooting stats: 5-10 from 2; 12-32 from 3; 11-11 from the line. 57 total points. Girard did make 6 straight shots from 3 in the first half (7-16 from 3 for that half). But with its size, Schalmont extended its defense even farther in the 2nd half, well beyond the 3-point arc. Three lengthy players were essentially waiting for him every time he crossed half court, forcing Girard into extremely difficult shots (only 5-16 in the 2nd half from 3), which he essentially had to take because with the exception of Trent Girard, the other GF players were not offensive threats. Tough way for JG to end his season.

Just watched the highlight tape of his 60 point game. I can see the form on his shot and it is pure, but his athleticism is on a low end of the scale in terms of guards we have had. All those drives to the basket are going to be denied by anyone with Division I defensive aptitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom