Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you say hes worth going up against dUke and 20+ programs rather than just grabbing quality depth? Thinking about concentration of efforts
Look, do you want to be the best? If you do you have to beat them in recruiting just like beating them on the court. This is a New York kid. I wouldn't root for this program if we just waived the white flag every time a blue blood came a calling for a New York kid.

Marek played better, and made more Season I progress, than most freshman we have had here.

JG3's final three games in ATL...

Vs. Rose City: 4 points (1-2 3pt), 3 assists

Vs. UPlay Canada: 11 points (3-9 3pt), 1 assist, 1 rebound

Vs. NJ Playaz: 15 points (3-6 3pt), 1 steal

We know why he is on the floor... shooting threes. After watching him this weekend live, he tends to shy away from certain defensive matchups. He picks the 'easiest' guard and tells Mika, Symir, or the other guard in the rotation to switch and take so-and-so.

We blew it. If we courted him early on with love and attention we would in better position and maybe a contender. Duke is Duke but with the right relationships and prospect of playing near home may have swayed him. I’m sure he has watched a ton of Cuse games over the years and we probably were very familiar to him. We took so long to court him I think be may have been put off. He is something.

We blew it. If we courted him early on with love and attention we would in better position and maybe a contender. Duke is Duke but with the right relationships and prospect of playing near home may have swayed him. I’m sure he has watched a ton of Cuse games over the years and we probably were very familiar to him. We took so long to court him I think be may have been put off. He is something.

The sky is falling!

I really won’t lose any sleep if he doesn’t come here, maybe he will prove me wrong and be a great player but I just don’t think it will happen. I would rather Lester Quinones who fits our style a lot better to play alongside Goodine, Carey, and hopefully Guerrier.

I really won’t lose any sleep if he doesn’t come here, maybe he will prove me wrong and be a great player but I just don’t think it will happen. I would rather Lester Quinones who fits our style a lot better to play alongside Goodine, Carey, and hopefully Guerrier.
I understand your point but now and again comes a natural freak aka Steph Curry and this kid is a lights out shooter breaking records. I can’t help but be interested but yes, it’s not the end of the world

Joe had 7 points (1-4 from three), 2 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 turnovers in this game vs. Bluff City...

Last edited:
Buddy is bigger and better. Where is Girard going to play with Buddy and Goodine on the team?

Goodine is not as good on offense, and Buddy is good and obviously bigger but better is questionable. Glad we have both,but to say Girard would not get playing time with these two is nonsense.

Goodine is not as good on offense, and Buddy is good and obviously bigger but better is questionable. Glad we have both,but to say Girard would not get playing time with these two is nonsense.
Are you really trying to say that Girard is a better offensive player than Goodine?

Hell yes.
Shooter yes. JG is top notch at that, but I’ll take Goodine ten times out of ten in every other aspect of offensive basketball.

We. Need. More. Shooters. The majority of top 10 teams have 4+ guys who shoot 37% from deep. We... do not. Buddy and JGIII (or any other shooter for that matter) are not mutually exclusive.

JG3 had 12 points (1-2 from three), 8 rebounds, and 6 assists last night in a 3 point loss to CIA Bounce.

I have seen JG3 and Bertram play. Bertram is an impressive shooter. What I see in Girard is much more. You can't put intangibles on a scale and weigh them. I feel like saying no, or being indifferent to this kid is like saying no to GMac. I hope he say yes to us. I hope he coexists with Buddy. I hope he goes Orange. There will be no regrets. Am I right? Just a feeling, a guess. I am old enough to remember that many people thought Larry Bird would not star in the NBA he was too slow, too lacking in athleticism. Not saying Girard is Bird, of course. Just saying not everyone fits the mold. Those who don't bring different gifts, in feel, instinct, desire, etc. Don't sleep on this kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom