Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we can knockout Penn State and BC.
This a 3 team race.
SU
Michigan
Notre Dame

Girard is too smart to fall for Duke.

Ped State? Is he going to try to walk on for football?
I didn’t realize they even played hoops there anymore.

Not for nothing, but - he seems like every Caucasian Notre Dame guard ever.

That said - he’s going to Michigan, right?

1529238326442.png

If he commits to Syracuse, I would love to see the battle for the #11 jersey. ;)

Not to read too much into this, but Syracuse Girard is giving Duke Girard a wet willie.
Maybe it is the Alice Cooper fan in me, but it looks, to me, like Syracuse Girard is holding up the lifeless corpse of Duke Girard.

So we can knockout Penn State and BC.
This a 3 team race.
SU
Michigan
Notre Dame

Girard is too smart to fall for Duke.
Agreed, on all counts.
Duke would surprise because you just know he’d be recruited over by the next OAD.
UM and ND will be tough- 2 great HC’s and systems, & I can definitely see him going to either one.

When I saw Penn State on the list, I wondered if all the other offers were non-committable and this was the safety school.

I assumed BC was the safety. At least Penn St makes the occasional NIT. BC barely has a pulse.

I assumed BC was the safety. At least Penn St makes the occasional NIT. BC barely has a pulse.

Why do we keep losing to them then? They just had a first round pick. I’d go to BC before Penn State.

Agreed, on all counts.
Duke would surprise because you just know he’d be recruited over by the next OAD.
UM and ND will be tough- 2 great HC’s and systems, & I can definitely see him going to either one.

If he wants his folks and friends to be able to get to him easily there is only one choice. Will, I believe, at least be a factor in decision.

Syracuse 2.5 hour drive
Mich 9 hours
ND 11 hours
The next closest would be BC out of his six at about 4 hours.
Obviously not the be all, end all but a significant factor.

If he wants his folks and friends to be able to get to him easily there is only one choice. Will, I believe, at least be a factor in decision.

Syracuse 2.5 hour drive
Mich 9 hours
ND 11 hours
The next closest would be BC out of his six at about 4 hours.
Obviously not the be all, end all but a significant factor.
Oh, i think we’re in good position, and in fact I wouldn’t totally rule out BC. Good Catholic school where he can go become the top dog and immediately help resurrect the program. ( see what i did there?);)

Oh, i think we’re in good position, and in fact I wouldn’t totally rule out BC. Good Catholic school where he can go become the top dog and immediately help resurrect the program. ( see what i did there?);)

I don’t think he can walk on water tho.

Who are our main recruiting targets and what are our chances with each one? Isaiah Stewart likely no chance and Girard possibly but besides them who are we trying really hard to get?

That, and the fact that it is the only one of the 6 teams that has the #11 jersey available. :)
We'll have the #11 jersey available when Oshae leaves for the draft at the end of this season though.

Historically speaking, BC is a much better program. Penn State has been an also-ran for decades.

Guys say it slow.

It’s Joe Girard the third.

Not Joe Girardi.

My god why do people keep messing this up.

We aren’t recruiting the ex Yankee catcher/manager.

Guys say it slow.

It’s Joe Girard the third.

Not Joe Girardi.

My god why do people keep messing this up.

We aren’t recruiting the ex Yankee catcher/manager.

Were you listening to Axe today too?

I’m sure he’s heavily considering SU. But Michigan has to be a favorite here. Academics, cny ties with Beilein and he could even pitch nik stauskas

We're in the Top 6!

Penn St is a bit of a surprise. So is the exclusion of Nova, at least to me.

Just looking at this picture, Girard in a ND uniform (dropping 34 points on us in the dome) looks like a natural fit...

Were you listening to Axe today too?

I’m sure he’s heavily considering SU. But Michigan has to be a favorite here. Academics, cny ties with Beilein and he could even pitch nik stauskas

Michigan has other guards they are after as well. It’s not a guarantee he will go there. I wouldn’t be surprised if Notre Dame is the pick in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom