Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 76 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
And thats what you got out of my post, nitpick or what? Okay 40%, does that make you feel better?
I hope he's able to be above 35% based on his recent performances. Even that would make me happy. I think he'd be extremely limited on our roster when it comes to his role on the team. His ability to create his own shot in our offense would be a major concern to me.

I've never seen him play but it seems to me that he must have that intangible quality called leadership based on two factors. He has a history of success and has needed to take responsibility for his HS team scoring. It's not always easy to take 25-30 shots in a game especially if they aren't dropping right away. Secondly, he's been a QB...which also means he's willing to be the "guy" when it comes to his team. I like that character trait a lot...he has the cajones (sp?) to accept his role as the leader.

Only danger with that type of player is that frustration can set in if success doesn't come quickly at the next level but that remains to be seen. Hopefully we get to see that in orange.
Plus, he dates the head cheerleader -valedictorian

I hope he's able to be above 35% based on his recent performances. Even that would make me happy. I think he'd be extremely limited on our roster when it comes to his role on the team. His ability to create his own shot in our offense would be a major concern to me.

He’s being recruited by a TON of high major teams. He will be just fine wherever he goes.

Not a split decision. They are split as in they are separated (or divorced, though I think separated) and Joe III lives with his mother.
Didn't know, but here is an article from February that talks about it. I wonder if his father is still all in for Beilein or realizes how good picking the Cuse would be.
Hype met, Joseph Girard III now looks to exceed it

You do know he has not even entered his senior season of HS yet right. I know, you have made it plain you do not think much of him. Everyone has an opinion, and you are entitled to yours. I just want him to pick SU and from there let the best player(s) rise to the top.

Who are you talking about? Does Joe date a high school cheerleader, and if so who cares?
It was an add-on (without basis in fact) of all of the great things the kid is doing in HS. Trying to have some fun. Kid might date the janitor or English teacher for all I know.

It was an add-on (without basis in fact) of all of the great things the kid is doing in HS. Trying to have some fun. Kid might date the janitor or English teacher for all I know.
Okay, I guess I did not see the humor and still do not but no worries. You confused me because Marek is dating the cheerleader, though she may or may not be a valedictorian.

He’s being recruited by a TON of high major teams. He will be just fine wherever he goes.
If you've ever watched our offense, it's quite obvious there's not enough movement for a guy like him to easily get himself open. Based on the Peach Jam he's struggled a little bit with knocking down shots when he's strongly guarded. My point being, he might not be the best fit for our offense if he can't create his own shot.

If you've ever watched our offense, it's quite obvious there's not enough movement for a guy like him to easily get himself open. Based on the Peach Jam he's struggled a little bit with knocking down shots when he's strongly guarded. My point being, he might not be the best fit for our offense if he can't create his own shot.
That’s a big issue with me , I haven’t seen him create his own shoot much at all in the videos available for us to see. All the highlights clips are pretty much wide open 3’s like the one posted above.

50% of his threes? That would have made him the second best 3-point shooter in all of college basketball last year. It would also make him the best 3-point shooter in NCAA history over a career... by 3 percentage points.

On kick outs, he said. Open shots.

And thats what you got out of my post, nitpick or what? Okay 40%, does that make you feel better? By the way I said can make not will make on every occasion, there is a difference.

The 10% difference in 3pt shooting percentage is all that separates Ray Allen from Rajon Rondo, just sayin...

Our offense is largely based on the personnel that's there that year

If you've ever watched our offense recently, it's quite obvious there's not enough movement for a guy like him to easily get himself open. Based on the Peach Jam he's struggled a little bit with knocking down shots when he's strongly guarded. My point being, he might not be the best fit for our offense if he can't create his own shot.

Fixed the above for you. It all depends on who they put around him. If we get some of the guys we're going after, he should get plenty of open looks.

Our offense has been crap recently because we haven't had enough guys that were able to make a shot outside of 15 feet consistently. We also haven't had a low-post scorer.

WIth Sidibe, Hughes, Boeheim, and possibly Girard, you have much more diversity -- and less of a reliance on creating your own shot. There was plenty of movement with our offense when we had Rautins, Wes Johnson, Kris Joseph, Scoop Jardine, Brandon Triche & Arinze Onuaku. Because we had guys who could shoot and a low-post scorer. It's not like Boeheim doesn't know how to get guys open shots or run an offense, given the right personnel. He hasn't had that recently.

Small sample size. Kid can shoot and is being recruited by some of the top teams in the country. I'll take their word for his ability to contribute.

flip side is that if teams have to really guard him that hard it does make it easier for others to get open and drive..

Fixed the above for you. It all depends on who they put around him. If we get some of the guys we're going after, he should get plenty of open looks.

Our offense has been crap recently because we haven't had enough guys that were able to make a shot outside of 15 feet consistently. We also haven't had a low-post scorer.

WIth Sidibe, Hughes, Boeheim, and possibly Girard, you have much more diversity -- and less of a reliance on creating your own shot. There was plenty of movement with our offense when we had Rautins, Wes Johnson, Kris Joseph, Scoop Jardine, Brandon Triche & Arinze Onuaku. Because we had guys who could shoot and a low-post scorer. It's not like Boeheim doesn't know how to get guys open shots or run an offense, given the right personnel. He hasn't had that recently.

Small sample size. Kid can shoot and is being recruited by some of the top teams in the country. I'll take their word for his ability to contribute.
He's a backup plan for most of those top teams, however. I'm not saying the kid's bad but he's not a must-get, and there are genuine concerns about his game will translate to the P5 level.

He's a backup plan for most of those top teams, however. I'm not saying the kid's bad but he's not a must-get, and there are genuine concerns about his game will translate to the P5 level.
He is absolutely NOT a backup plan for almost all the schools that were recruiting him and still are recruiting him. Ma uh be just Duke because they get to pick and choose exactly who they want among the 5 star guys. Not sure what made u think hes a back up plan for the other schools recruiting him?

Who am I to say anything. I'm speaking with the board's most expert football AND basketball insider.

He is absolutely NOT a backup plan for almost all the schools that were recruiting him and still are recruiting him. Ma uh be just Duke because they get to pick and choose exactly who they want among the 5 star guys. Not sure what made u think hes a back up plan for the other schools recruiting him?

Michigan & Duke are our main competitors for him and he's not #1 on either of their boards at guard.

Michigan & Duke are our main competitors for him and he's not #1 on either of their boards at guard.
"Hes a backup plan for most" is what u said...then u mention 2 schools out of the 30+ division 1 offers he has...yea hes a backup plan.

Girard seems athletic enough but he’s no GAllen obviously. Cooney is a fair comparison. I also agree with the poster who thought Cooney was undersold athletically. As far as being taken out of the game; that’s on the staff and scheme. Not enough good screening and especially off-ball screening. Cooney couldn’t get freed up but you would see a guy like Heslip on Baylor get clean looks galore.

"Hes a backup plan for most" is what u said...then u mention 2 schools out of the 30+ division 1 offers he has...yea hes a backup plan.
He's narrowed down to a top 5 so why would I be talking about any of his other offers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom