Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone asked for video of JG3 at Peach Jam on another thread. I don't recall who but here you go...

Incredibly quick.
1sseih.jpg

It was interesting to see him play without the ball in his hands most of the time. He is very adept at floating off the ball in the open court to find a spot to launch his 3. I don't know his level and am no recruiting guru but 2 sport studs, who have in the gym range - he's going to help someone.

I dont think he's as athletic as the premier guards who have come out of Section II over the last decade or so (e.g., Chalmers, Lyons, Battle, Fredette, Huerter, Platek). He can certainly shoot it at an elite level though. I wonder how he compares athletically to guys like McNamara and Scoop? If he is on par, to me, he is worth a scholly, particularly in a year with a good sized class.

I dont think he's as athletic as the premier guards who have come out of Section II over the last decade or so (e.g., Chalmers, Lyons, Battle, Fredette, Huerter, Platek). He can certainly shoot it at an elite level though. I wonder how he compares athletically to guys like McNamara and Scoop? If he is on par, to me, he is worth a scholly, particularly in a year with a good sized class.

He's as good if not better athletically than GMAC.

He played very poorly in the minutes he got at Peach Jam.

Says who? I haven't seen what he averaged, but he had a bunch of double figure games, shot 13-29 from three land and picked up an offer from St Louis. doesn't sound like a poor outing to me.

People should remember to that he's just entering his junior year of high school.

Says who? I haven't seen what he averaged, but he had a bunch of double figure games, shot 13-29 from three land and picked up an offer from St Louis. doesn't sound like a poor outing to me.

People should remember to that he's just entering his junior year of high school.

That last part is important. I personally don't see him at a top tier school, but he has a lot of time to get better.

Plus with 13 scholarships it's a no brainer. Unless the staff feels Buddy fills the same need.

Not even worth responding to that guy. He knows nothing about basketball.

Watched Buddy and Joe Girard and other City Rocks players play 2 times in Orlando in the AAU 17U showcase. They are similar type players. Neither Buddy nor Girard played much as they both had off shooting nights and they both really struggled on the defensive end. Buddy and Girard are both knock down shooters, but when they are off they cannot impact the game in any other way. Girard is a decent ball handler but has a tough time when the pressure gets turned up. Buddy rarely handled the ball with CR. Buddy got a few rebounds playing low in the 2-3 zones. Both of them are average defensive players at best and think they would both struggle defending ACC level players, but apparently BC thinks Girard can. Girard has 2 years to improve and Buddy will certainly improve by playing at Brewster next season.

Watched Buddy and Joe Girard and other City Rocks players play 2 times in Orlando in the AAU 17U showcase. They are similar type players. Neither Buddy nor Girard played much as they both had off shooting nights and they both really struggled on the defensive end. Buddy and Girard are both knock down shooters, but when they are off they cannot impact the game in any other way. Girard is a decent ball handler but has a tough time when the pressure gets turned up. Buddy rarely handled the ball with CR. Buddy got a few rebounds playing low in the 2-3 zones. Both of them are average defensive players at best and think they would both struggle defending ACC level players, but apparently BC thinks Girard can. Girard has 2 years to improve and Buddy will certainly improve by playing at Brewster next season.

Thanks for the report FanFromOhio

That will be the trade off when Buddy is on the floor. Still, taking him is a no brainer (not suggesting you are saying otherwise). Buddy won't play low on 2-3 at SU

Regarding their defense of liabilities, I agree but they're definitely not going to be playing in Coach K's man-to-man system. However the zone mitigates this. You really only have to be laterally quick in a small area.

He can play. He will get better. He has a G Mac skill set and determination. Would love to see him in Orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom