Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ogdensberg Free Academy... that brings me back.

My high school JV team went to OFA in '87 or '88 and got poleaxed 43-13. I was our leading scorer with 5 points. I think our team had 3 points at halftime.

If we have 13 scholarships when he wants to play college, I'd give him one if he's been a lifelong Syracuse fan and wants to play in the program.

If he wants to play right away and get big-time minutes, it may be in his best interest to go somewhere else.

I think SU will regret it if they don’t offer this kid. You don’t score like him and not have the ability to make a team better. He may be the best shooter in the country. His numbers are off the charts. I don’t care who you are playing. To score 50 points in a 32 minute game is quite remarkable.

My high school JV team went to OFA in '87 or '88 and got poleaxed 43-13. I was our leading scorer with 5 points. I think our team had 3 points at halftime.
What did your coach say at halftime?

At first I was thinking maybe I was in that game as well but then reread and saw the date and remembered you were a few years ahead of me. The good old days

I hope we offer him and try to get him. We seem to have depth issues most years, with the rare exceptions of 2010 and 2012 when we are #1 in the country. Wouldn’t be bad to have a lights out shooter able to come off the bench and spread the defense for a few minutes. We took Gillon, we took Howard Washington, we took Cooney. This kid is better than all of them.

We took Gillon, we took Howard Washington, we took Cooney. This kid is better than all of them.
Cooney was a legit 4* guy. Washington had a considerably more impressive offer list than Girard has now, plus we were kinda desperate at the time. Gillon was a totally different animal as a grad transfer.

Girard's best offers as of now seem to be Washington, BC and Penn State. He's posting these eye popping numbers without landing offers from higher level programs; that makes me think several coaches (not just ours) have serious concerns about how well his skills are going to translate to high level NCAA ball.

To be fair, it does seem like a bunch of those programs are keeping an eye on him. He seems to be a backup plan for a bunch of schools, including ours. This seems reasonable; I'd love to see him in orange, but I wouldn't want to do it if it means closing off the Lecque/Guerrier/Khalif Battle options.

Syracuse Basketball‏ @cusesigel 4h4 hours ago
2019 elite scorer Joe Girard III will unofficially visit Syracuse today, he tells @NunesMagician.

CuseNation.com‏ @SyracuseOn247 35m35 minutes ago
Gerry McNamara spent quite a bit of time talking with 2019 G Joe Girard pregame.

Andrew Slater‏ @Andrew__Slater 4h4 hours ago
2019 sharpshooter Joe Girard III @JG3_____ of GF & @TheCityRocks be on a visit to #Syracuse University today in their game against Notre Dame. A major two-sport athlete getting recruited by both

Syracuse Basketball‏ @cusesigel 4h4 hours ago
2019 elite scorer Joe Girard III will unofficially visit Syracuse today, he tells @NunesMagician.

CuseNation.com‏ @SyracuseOn247 35m35 minutes ago
Gerry McNamara spent quite a bit of time talking with 2019 G Joe Girard pregame.

Andrew Slater‏ @Andrew__Slater 4h4 hours ago
2019 sharpshooter Joe Girard III @JG3_____ of GF & @TheCityRocks be on a visit to #Syracuse University today in their game against Notre Dame. A major two-sport athlete getting recruited by both

Interesting -- hope it isn't so that he gets an "easy" trip to see Notre Dame. Wonder if we're really actively recruiting this kid.

I get not offering him if we were on reductions. Don't get it since we are at full scholarships.

I say offer and let the chips fall where they may..kid is a legitimate scorer and we need that so bad it's pathetic.

You're allowed to have more than two guards on a team!
You can also offer more and have more player commits than open spots. SU always loses a player or three. But this has been short handed every year for the last five it seems.

And I know sanctions were a big part of that but they’ve also shot themselves in the foot by making some inexplicable decisions and not using all the available scholarships they did have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom