Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodine can play either guard spot for sure. Right now, he plays more like a 2 but he's developing his lead guard skills.

Like others, I'm not confident Khalif comes to SU.

I'm sure the staff already has a good sense of what Battle will do.

It looks like, from a known offer perspective, we are back to targeting only a select few. If Battle is not coming (hypothetically), we are left with Goodine and then 2 known 2019 offers to guards - LeQue and Guerrier. I'm not sure Que or Guerrier are realistic. If Carey is one and done...

Also concerned about the 5. Stewart is PF who could play the 5, I guess; all the Big Boys are involved, will be a tough get, IMO. We have 2 2019 offer that I know of for a true 5 - Cockburn, Ajak. I'd be thrilled to get Cockburn, not sure where we stand with him. Ajak is a project, IMO, especially on O.

It looks like, from a known offer perspective, we are back to targeting only a select few. If Battle is not coming (hypothetically), we are left with Goodine and then 2 known 2019 offers to guards - LeQue and Guerrier. I'm not sure Que or Guerrier are realistic. If Carey is one and done...

Also concerned about the 5. Stewart is PF who could play the 5, I guess; all the Big Boys are involved, will be a tough get, IMO. We have 2 2019 offer that I know of for a true 5 - Cockburn, Ajak. I'd be thrilled to get Cockburn, not sure where we stand with him. Ajak is a project, IMO, especially on O.

Not sure the staff has a good sense yet on Battle but I'm not sure if it's a good fit.

I agree with your second paragraph.

Don't think we have much of a shot with Cockburn. Agree about Ajak and think he's the most realistic get of the bigs.

Not sure the staff has a good sense yet on Battle but I'm not sure if it's a good fit.

Don't think we have much of a shot with Cockburn. Agree about Ajak and think he's the most realistic get of the bigs.
Last article on Kofi...no SU mention.

I know that they've pegged Goodine as a point, but couldn't he be a 2?

Looking more and more like the issue is that they only want to take 2 guards in the class of 2019. We've already landed one, and it looks like they're prioritizing Battle more than Girard for the second spot.

Understandable to a point. As it stands right now we have 5 guards on the 2019-2020 roster with Washington, Hughes, Goodine, Buddy and Carey. Heck, on paper Battle could still be here for his senior year. I'm reasonably confident that the staff understands where Girard's head is at and they were very upfront with him. A lot can happen in a year and a half and something very well may. We're not sure what the roster situation will be but we feel you can play for us. Give us a little time to sort things out.

I don’t think we’re really in for Lecque and The Guerrier recruitment is really quiet so I’m not sure there would be much to know about that. But other then those two we haven’t shown interest in any other guards to this point and with our recruiting style I wouldn’t expect anyone else to show up on our radar.

This kid will open the floor for others, teams will have to defend him out behind the NBA 3 point line. Look what Ty Jerome did to us from out there recently when left without a man in his face. Davonte Graham from Kansas also hit multiple from way deep. If you watch the Nike EYBL tapes of Girard, you can see he will drain 3's from deep, even with a hand in his face. He doesn't even need a great look, to get off a good shot. The kid's muscle memory alone, puts the ball on target more often than not.

Last edited:
I don’t think we’re really in for Lecque and The Guerrier recruitment is really quiet so I’m not sure there would be much to know about that. But other then those two we haven’t shown interest in any other guards to this point and with our recruiting style I wouldn’t expect anyone else to show up on our radar.
We're waiting to see if there any shooting guards that can't shoot or want to develop into point guards (6'4" or bigger) before we offer a good shooter or true pg. lol

Although, it's still quite early, it sure doesn't seem promising seeing us not heavily involved with more kids. Since it seems like the 2018 class is done, we will need to see the staff buckle down to get another good class for 2019.

Although, it's still quite early, it sure doesn't seem promising seeing us not heavily involved with more kids. Since it seems like the 2018 class is done, we will need to see the staff buckle down to get another good class for 2019.

I think we are active in ‘19.

Would we have to have the jersey #3 open for him, like with AW3? Anyone know what his current jersey # is?

So JGIII had games the last two nights. Thursday he played vs Gloversville and his team lost in an upset by nine points. I'm guessing the opposing coaches are finally getting smart and trying to get more physical with him as he went something like 16 of 17 from the foul line and only three made threes and only scored 45 points. From reading about him, I guess he is ultra competitive, as his football career shows so far, so I had a feeling he would come back Friday with a big game. How is this for a box score:

13 made baskets in which 7 were from behind the line and 25 of 25 from the foul line. That adds up to 58 points which is one off his season high. BTW, his team won by 39.
Game summary

So in 12 games this season, he is now averaging 49.8 points per game.

I'm sure a bunch of coaches were at his games the past two nights. There was an article in the Glens Falls paper that if you want a seat in the gym you have to get there real early. Otherwise you can watch in the cafeteria on a TV feed.

So JGIII had games the last two nights. Thursday he played vs Gloversville and his team lost in an upset by nine points. I'm guessing the opposing coaches are finally getting smart and trying to get more physical with him as he went something like 16 of 17 from the foul line and only three made threes and only scored 45 points. From reading about him, I guess he is ultra competitive, as his football career shows so far, so I had a feeling he would come back Friday with a big game. How is this for a box score:

13 made baskets in which 7 were from behind the line and 25 of 25 from the foul line. That adds up to 58 points which is one off his season high. BTW, his team won by 39.
Game summary

So in 12 games this season, he is now averaging 49.8 points per game.

I'm sure a bunch of coaches were at his games the past two nights. There was an article in the Glens Falls paper that if you want a seat in the gym you have to get there real early. Otherwise you can watch in the cafeteria on a TV feed.
there are four different Girards in the Glens Falls box score... together they outscored Hudson Falls 79-65.

Honestly if Boeheim doesn't even offer I believe its a fireable offense. HOW CAN YOU NOT EVEN OFFER THIS KID. It better be coming soon. Unexplainable that he hasn't yet, the kid is averaging 49.8PPG, doesn't matter the competition or if he can play the zone effectively. Bring him here!

This kid is Mike Hart the football player redo. Superhuman numbers against weak competition. Mike Hart became the all-time leading rusher at Michigan and hung for three years in the NFL. I can see a similar scenario for Gerard. NOBODY has come close to what Mike Hart did in high school because he was gifted. I believe Gerard is similarly gifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom