Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Ryan McDonough beat us the other night like Spike Albright in the past. Girard has to be much better than those guys. Let's start getting more offers out. Can it really be true that we haven't offered Duarte or HoWash. I trust the coaches but that just seems a bit strange.

Are they recruiting for Jim's team or Mike's team. It's bizarre to say the least.

Yes, he has the potential to be high D1. He shoots lights out and these are not spot up 3’s with no defense. I’ve seen him drain off balance falling away circus shots from NBA range. Double teams, box and 1’s doesn’t matter. He’ll stop and pop or a between the legs step back 3, doesn’t matter. Very quick release, great form. He can handle the rock to.

As his body matures and he gets stronger I have no doubt he can play in the ACC. I don’t really see much difference between Girard and what Gerry McNamara did in high school.

The kid is just a winner to.

Gerry HS state champ game

I'll tell you one thing, I saw Huerter a bunch of times through the years and never pictured him as making a huge contribution as a freshman on a top 25 team. Great player but no one expected him to come right out of high school. That cemented Girard for me. We need that kid.

Gerry was bombing away for 40 points in Scranton, PA and we were all like oooh and ahhhh. Girard is bombing away for 40 points as a freshman and sophomore for the #1 ranked NYS Class B team and we’re skeptical. Why?

They dumped Scotia two weeks ago, at Scotia, and Girard had 27 points in what many considered an off night. Scotia was ranked #20 in Class A.

No. 1 Glens Falls more than Joe Girard III

I think you definitely take a kid like this if you can get him. We would be lucky to have him.

Don't undersell his all around athletic ability either. He played QB and was MVP for a pretty good sized high school. I disagree a little on Huerter. I liked him better because of his size, but this kid from Glens Falls can play, and competes.

Kid can shoot. Not sure he is a sure fire high D1 player at this point yet but hes still young and certainly worth keeping tabs on. If he grows a few more inches or gets quicker that'll go a long way. The 2019 class is a long way out and a lot can change between now and then with who we have, who were recruiting and who is coaching.

Gerry was bombing away for 40 points in Scranton, PA and we were all like oooh and ahhhh. Girard is bombing away for 40 points as a freshman and sophomore for the #1 ranked NYS Class B team and we’re skeptical. Why?

They dumped Scotia two weeks ago, at Scotia, and Girard had 27 points in what many considered an off night. Scotia was ranked #20 in Class A.

No. 1 Glens Falls more than Joe Girard III
Solid point, but Gerry also starred among the nation's best HS players at multiple prestigious summer all-star camps. Obviously JGIII is only a Soph. so let's see how he progresses.

Solid point, but Gerry also starred among the nation's best HS players at multiple prestigious summer all-star camps. Obviously JGIII is only a Soph. so let's see how he progresses.
Go to Dean's post on page 3. Last summer he was at a big camp.

I mean, it looks to me like this kid is a great shooter. How can that not translate to a D1 P5 level? Is the hoop at a different height, the court bigger/smaller? His form is good and he gets his shot off plenty fast enough. You can never have enough great shooters!!! I don't care what competition he is playing against. Shooting is shooting! Heck...even Gillon can get shots off!!! As long as we can run an offense to get him open...I like his chances of making a shot or two or ten!

Girard gets to 2,000 points last night as a sophomore. He went for 41 in the opening round section game and hit seven 3 pointers.

Not sure how accurate this site is, but it says the the NYS all-time career scoring record holder is Lance Stephenson with 2,946 points. Girard will most likely surpass that in his junior season at his current scoring pace.

New York boys basketball career scoring records

Not sure how accurate this site is, but it says the the NYS all-time career scoring record holder is Lance Stephenson with 2,946 points. Girard will most likely surpass that in his junior season at his current scoring pace.

New York boys basketball career scoring records

I wonder if they include sectionals and states? Barring an upset they'll win the section and he'll have over 2100 heading into states. A few wins in states and he should be right around 2200 (avg min 30 ppg). I'd imagine he'll eclipse the state mark early in his senior year. He's on pace to go over 3,000 pts for sure.

Last edited:
I wonder if they include sectionals and states? Barring an upset they'll win the section and he'll have over 2100 heading into states. A few wins in states and he should be right around 2200 (avg min 30 ppg). I'd imagine he'll eclipse the state mark early in his senior year. He's on pass to go over 3,000 pts for sure.

High School playoff games are included in point totals.

If he stays at Glens Falls, he will certainly break the state record. If he goes to a prep school for his senior season, you may see him try and go nuts next year to break the record his junior year. Pretty incredible either way!

Looks like he will be passing his father soon...

Joe Girard Jr. / Glens Falls St. Mary's, Shenendehowa-2 / 1986-1990 / 2,179

Section II is a cluster. My HS was class C and we played in a league with A, B, C, and D schools (WAC).

There's no rhyme or reason to how the leagues are setup.

I played for Catholic High and just looked at the Section II breakdown now. Teams we played back then are all over the place now.

I played for Catholic High and just looked at the Section II breakdown now. Teams we played back then are all over the place now.

My high school plays in the WAC and has A, B, C, and D schools in it. Has to be politics involved.

42 points last night in the sectional semi finals including 9 three pointers. Plays next on Friday night in the battle of two unbeaten teams vs Mekeel Christian.

Last edited:
Here is a nice 9 minute video interview with Girard from yesterday. Says he wants a school where he is a good fit and that is close enough that his parents can come watch him. Says Nova is starting to contact him. I'm hoping Cuse will be at his game on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom