Joe Girard Motivated by Social Media Yakking | Syracusefan.com

Joe Girard Motivated by Social Media Yakking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Col. Bleep

All American
He's got the right attitude.
And it's easy for everyone else to forget the long term impact Covid can have.

He's got the right attitude.
And it's easy for everyone else to forget the long term impact Covid can have.

Good stuff. I'm sure Joe has thicker skin than many people. Rooting for the squad hard.

See, everybody here that spent the whole season ripping this guy to shreds, calling him fat, saying he was only getting minutes because he’s a friend of Buddy’s, etc was actually helping! Keep it up everyone!

Another great example setter on this team - we’ve got a few good leaders on this squad.

also, any of you ever try yak? it's not bad as a burger or steak

Joe has a chance to become a leader of this team. He is going to have to realize his role and not focus on scoring which is hard to do when you averaged 50 a game in HS. The key for him is working on a handle that allows him to go North South when pressured vs East West. A good point G cant revert to sheilding the ball by backing in. ( pretty hard run the O with your back to the basket). His handle against pressure is the key.

My criticism and alot of others was never directed personally at Joe, it was directed at JB for how he distributed minutes last year. It appeared Joe added some bad weight in the offseason.
Dont want to rehash another Kadary thread, but if Joe was that tired, shouldnt JB adjusted the minutes to KR? But JB would say KR isnt in good enough condition to play extended minutes? That excuse just never made sense and Joe's comments sound like he shouldnt have played extended mins. Joe probably would have benefited being the 3rd guard off the bench that could play either spot subbing in for KR or Buddy. In the past now and hoping he bounces back from a bit of sophomore slump. I thought he started playing better in the tournament.

Boeheim is playing Joe beyond reasons we see or understand

im gonna trust a coach that has seen a lot of talent first hand
There’s
something there with joe
I’m gonna continue to trust Boeheim s instincts

My criticism and alot of others was never directed personally at Joe, it was directed at JB for how he distributed minutes last year. It appeared Joe added some bad weight in the offseason.
Dont want to rehash another Kadary thread, but if Joe was that tired, shouldnt JB adjusted the minutes to KR? But JB would say KR isnt in good enough condition to play extended minutes? That excuse just never made sense and Joe's comments sound like he shouldnt have played extended mins. Joe probably would have benefited being the 3rd guard off the bench that could play either spot subbing in for KR or Buddy. In the past now and hoping he bounces back from a bit of sophomore slump. I thought he started playing better in the tournament.
Joe's limited by his size and lack of athleticism. He needs to manage the O, Make open looks not force shots protect the ball and on D not allow dribble penetration on his side. If he can do that his occasionally hot shooting streaks become a bonus. I expect a solid season out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom