Joe Girard transferring to Clemson | Syracusefan.com

Joe Girard transferring to Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your service!

Too bad his efforts came during this tough stretch in the program's history. Unfortunately that likely has been a detriment with how he's been received by a lot of fans.

Last edited:
Upstate HS basketball icon. Glad he came to Syracuse and not Duke. Have to wonder where he’d be if he accepted that Tulane FB offer. I always felt he could have been a G5 D1 QB.

Solid player but was miscast here. Never was going to be a great ball-dominant point guard at ACC level. JB’s iso offense did not help. Defensively, too small to play the top of the zone effectively and too slow to play high level M2M. Just too limited athletically generally for HCAA’s supposed new style. However, I think in the appropriate role, he could have been really solid. I think he finds success next year at college level.

Best of luck JG3!

As some have mentioned above almost all of his time here was spent in an unnatural position, he was never meant to be a ball dominant ACC level point guard. And now with AA running the show Joe’s athletic limitations would be even more noticeable than before, I think this is the right move for both parties. Rooting hard for Joe to find a spot where he can be at his natural position and have success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom