Joe Girard transferring to Clemson | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Girard transferring to Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't "misused". Boeheim wanted to get his shooting on the floor to take some D off Buddy. The 21-22 team had really come together and was on a roll until Jesse cracked his wrist at BC. That team was ready to make a serious run. I know that doesn't fit the narrative and agenda here that JB lost his chops.
We were 10-11 entering February. We won 4 straight.

25-10 WF
11-21 NC St
13-19 Louisville
13-20 BC

That’s what you base a “serious run” off? We beat 3 really bad teams to move to 13-11. That team wasn’t going to make anything, even without the Jessie injury.

We were 10-11 entering February. We won 4 straight.

25-10 WF
11-21 NC St
13-19 Louisville
13-20 BC

That’s what you base a “serious run” off? We beat 3 really bad teams to move to 13-11. That team wasn’t going to make anything, even without the Jessie injury.
Apparently you can't discern when a team is playing good. And, putting teams end of season records is misleading. UNC had a real downturn in the middle of that season and got beat bad several times but got it together and made the tourney and the championship game.

Apparently you can't discern when a team is playing good. And, putting teams end of season records is misleading. UNC had a real downturn in the middle of that season and got beat bad several times but got it together and made the tourney and the championship game.
2021/2022 and 2022/2023 was easily the worst two year stretch in JB's history. By a mile. Neither team was remotely tournament worthy.

2021/2022 and 2022/2023 was easily the worst two year stretch in JB's history. By a mile. Neither team was remotely tournament worthy.
When the 21/22 team lost a player as important to the teams success as Jesse was to that team, it left a huge whole to try to fill. That team had gotten significantly better until the injury to Jesse. I still am unsure of the logic of signing 6 freshman and 1 developmental backup center for the 22/23 team.

When the 21/22 team lost a player as important to the teams success as Jesse was to that team, it left a huge whole to try to fill. That team had gotten significantly better until the injury to Jesse. I still am unsure of the logic of signing 6 freshman and 1 developmental backup center for the 22/23 team.
There was no logic. The roster construction was hot garbage.

I’m assuming that JB found it easier to add these under top 75 HS kids to fill out a roster than use the portal where you’re competing with more schools in a short amount if time

We were 10-11 entering February with him!!!!!

Nc state lost to us during a 1-12 stretch.

Louisville had just lost there coach and went 3-15 from the beginning of January.

BC was on a 5 game losing streak

They won 4, 6, 6 conference games respectively.

THOSE 3 TEAMS STUNK! We beat BC worse without Jessie than we did with Jessie. Jessie was obviously a big loss. That team was NEVER in a million years making the tournament. We finished with a losing record for crying out loud.

4 of the 10 wins prior to February were against winning teams.

2 of the 10 wins were against 500 teams.

4 of the wins were against teams with losing records.

That is not a tourney resume.

Last edited:
If Joe can get a degree from Stanford he would be crazy not to go there. He obviously isnt playing in the NBA . Maybe he makes a living off shore but a degree from Stanford will set him up for life after his playing days are over better than any other school on his list
Working hard and a bit of luck sets people up for life, not degrees from specific universities. Those just help open doors that are otherwise hard to open, and potentially reduces the luck requirement a bit.

I hope Joe picks the best school for him. Selfishly I don’t want to play him next season, so I hope he doesn’t pick an ACC school nor an SEC school.

Pick Stanford, Joe. ;)

How do we know that?

The social media posts about him leaving from the coaches were absolutely glowing.

Joe may not be thrilled, but he didn't burn his bridges.

impossible, he isnt good enough to be in the P6

He's plenty good enough to BE in the P6. However, most of those teams wouldn't use him as a 35 mpg guy, use him out of position as full time point over multiple seasons, or afford an unlimited green light.

In a complimentary role, he could be a solid contributor on a good team. Here, his minutes were in disproportion to his limitations.

And I say that full well acknowledging the two solid back-2-back years he's had. Still would have liked to see him play fewer minutes, in a backcourt rotation with better players.

When he was close to making his decision in high school, a lot of the locals wanted him to go to ND or BC. They knew playing the top of the zone didn’t exactly fit him well. I remember one radio host interview him and tell him if he did go to ND he would come to the carrier dome 4 times throughout his career and probably average close to 7 threes made a game against the ‘Cuse zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom