Joe Girard transferring to Clemson | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Girard transferring to Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's plenty good enough to BE in the P6. However, most of those teams wouldn't use him as a 35 mpg guy, use him out of position as full time point over multiple seasons, or afford an unlimited green light.

In a complimentary role, he could be a solid contributor on a good team. Here, his minutes were in disproportion to his limitations.

And I say that full well acknowledging the two solid back-2-back years he's had. Still would have liked to see him play fewer minutes, in a backcourt rotation with better players.
I think this is true, as do most posters here... But another team might see a P6 starter filling a hole and more minutes heavy role. I think we should be open to not only that being true - but that he'll continue to be what he has been for us but with different coaching and different team mates.

I doubt it - but it's at least a possibility.

Hopkins left in 2017 when Joe was a sophomore in HS. I wonder how much contact Hop would have had with him by that point.
I think he offered him at Washington.

Attachments

• F250B50C-AE62-48A1-9031-023394414C0F.jpeg
    F250B50C-AE62-48A1-9031-023394414C0F.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 110
Good luck to you wherever you go and the best to you, Joe. I enjoyed your style of play, especially when you hit a 3 from just inside the half - court line and the ball touched nothing but net. There were many of those and there will be many more.

Last edited:
Glad to see Joe hasn't set up any visits with ACC schools or old BE rivals. Years from now he'll be remembered as Orange, not wherever he lands for a grad year, so it's best if he doesn't play against Cuse next year. He's had in-home or virtual visits with Florida, Butler, Stanford and LSU.

I think this is true, as do most posters here... But another team might see a P6 starter filling a hole and more minutes heavy role. I think we should be open to not only that being true - but that he'll continue to be what he has been for us but with different coaching and different team mates.

I doubt it - but it's at least a possibility.

I guarantee if Joe does transfer (I suppose it's possible he can still pull his name out), it will be to a place where he will start and play big minutes. And that will be at a P6 program.

I guarantee if Joe does transfer (I suppose it's possible he can still pull his name out), it will be to a place where he will start and play big minutes. And that will be at a P6 program.
I do wonder if Joe transferring means Judah is definitely leaning towards coming back and that there could be some moore news in the future. That would be a crowded backcourt, especially if they pitch Quadir on returning as the backup and hopefully being the starter as a Junior.

I do wonder if Joe transferring means Judah is definitely leaning towards coming back and that there could be some moore news in the future. That would be a crowded backcourt, especially if they pitch Quadir on returning as the backup and hopefully being the starter as a Junior.

Moore [if he comes here] would start, and nominally play the 3 in a three-guard lineup. Quadir would be the primary backup to 3 positions. It could work.

It could work even if we add another portal guard in addition to having Quadir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom