Class of 2020 - Joey Carino (NY: Stepinac) Flipped to UAlbany Football | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Joey Carino (NY: Stepinac) Flipped to UAlbany Football

25 goal 9 assists

Will be Interesting to see if those numbers jump up in his Jr year. Nice looking prospect with what appears to be a high ceiling

Will be Interesting to see if those numbers jump up in his Jr year. Nice looking prospect with what appears to be a high ceiling
I would love to have him @ Syracuse in 2020 however this kid had a pretty monster year on the football field. It remains to be seen if he’ll start receiving D1 offers. Have to hope he takes the Scott Loy route instead of the Sam Hubbard or Ricky Miezan routes.

I would love to have him @ Syracuse in 2020 however this kid had a pretty monster year on the football field. It remains to be seen if he’ll start receiving D1 offers. Have to hope he takes the Scott Loy route instead of the Sam Hubbard or Ricky Miezan routes.

Anything's possible but if hes not receiving D1 fball interest at this point, it's unlikely he will in his Sr year. However, its certainly something to keep an eye on.

Or former lax commits Casey Rogers or JR Zazzara, who ended up playing D3 football at Ithaca after D1 Buffalo.

Definitely no offers yet worth not going to Syracuse but I worried about this because all it takes is one decent D1 school to lose their QB commit late and offer him. Really more important is which sport does he love more. Scott Loy was a talented football player and the state player of the year his senior year in Hockey and lacrosse, however he just loved lacrosse more than the other two. Hopefully he has a monster year on the lacrosse field and that confirms his decision.

FWIW I am friends with a woman who is close with Carino's mother. Apparently he receive 4 football scholarship offers this past week. In addition to the schools mentioned in the tweet he has also had contact with the Harvard and Yale football coaches. I asked my friend if he has a favorite sport and she didn't know but he does love football.

Hope I’m wrong, but from what I’ve seen and read, it appears as if he’s hoping to get the right football offer and the verbal to Cuse lacrosse is a back up plan

Really good athlete. I have him listed as one of the top football prospects in NYS in the class of 2020. Good get. Would not be surprised to see him walk on the football team down the road.

Really good athlete. I have him listed as one of the top football prospects in NYS in the class of 2020. Good get. Would not be surprised to see him walk on the football team down the road.
I still have an inkling he'll go the JR Zazzara route opting to play football elsewhere vs. Cuse lax.