Class of 2022 - New Commit: Joey Spallina (NY: Mt Sinai) Attack | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 New Commit: Joey Spallina (NY: Mt Sinai) Attack

illestcuse

All Conference
Couldn't help but notice class of 2022 Joey Spallina out of Mt. Sinai HS on Long Island wearing a Syracuse lacrosse sweatshirt with a Syracuse pompom knitted beanie on his dad's Instagram stories. He is without a doubt one of the top prospects-- if not THE top prospect in his class.

His dad is head coach of the women's Stony Brook team, who has a pretty good relationship with GG. Not to mention GG has a very good relationship with the coaches on the women's side at Mt. Sinai HS. Next year the women's team will have 4 Mt. Sinai players on the roster. Now I know coaches aren't allowed to contact him until his Junior year, but lets all hope and pray that Desko and March are somehow maintaining a relationship (within boundaries of course) with his family because this would be a HUGE get. We need to keep him in NY! :);)

IMG_9182.jpg

Last edited:
Couldn't help but notice class of 2022 Joey Spallina out of Mt. Sinai HS on Long Island wearing a Syracuse sweatshirt with a Syracuse pompom knitted beanie on his dad's Instagram stories. He is without a doubt one of the top prospects-- if not THE top prospect in his class.

His dad is head coach of the women's Stony Brook team, who has a pretty good relationship with GG. Not to mention GG has a very good relationship with the coaches on the women's side at Mt. Sinai HS. Next year the women's team will have 4 Mt. Sinai players on the roster. Now I know coaches aren't allowed to contact him until his Junior year, but lets all hope and pray that Desko and March are somehow maintaining a relationship (within boundaries of course) with his family because this would be a HUGE get. We need to keep him in NY! :);)

View attachment 178297

The kid is an absolute beast. Would be an incredible pick up.

Couldn't help but notice class of 2022 Joey Spallina out of Mt. Sinai HS on Long Island wearing a Syracuse lacrosse sweatshirt with a Syracuse pompom knitted beanie on his dad's Instagram stories. He is without a doubt one of the top prospects-- if not THE top prospect in his class.

View attachment 178297

This is excellent sleuthing!

View attachment 178297

With him being a Team 91 guy Duke is gonna be on him like a fly to crap. Desko and March are going to have their hands full for sure but him wearing SU apparel certainly is a positive sign.

With him being a Team 91 guy Duke is gonna be on him like a fly to crap. Desko and March are going to have their hands full for sure but him wearing SU apparel certainly is a positive sign.

Mount Sinai is also the program Russel Maher is from who decomitted from Cuse to go to UVA. Would love to get this kid but like Jeremy says I think it'll be an uphill battle.

FWIW there are about 10 current and former Syracuse lacrosse players that follow Spallina on Instagram. I have no idea if he is coming to Syracuse but certainly a few signs that could be pointing that way and he obviously has some sort of interest/relationship.

Mount Sinai is also the program Russel Maher is from who decomitted from Cuse to go to UVA. Would love to get this kid but like Jeremy says I think it'll be an uphill battle.

Ya not sure what happened with Maher, good looking recruit that the staff was high on. Something went awry there.

FWIW there are about 10 current and former Syracuse lacrosse players that follow Spallina on Instagram. I have no idea if he is coming to Syracuse but certainly a few signs that could be pointing that way and he obviously has some sort of interest/relationship.

Our teams super involved social media presence (both players/ex players and official team pages) could be a big boost to our ability to land recruits. These youngins always beep boopin' on their gizmos and buzzers see a lot of cuse lax content.

Here's his newest highlights-- Still have a long way to go in the recruiting trail but really hoping that March and Desko can get this one done. If Scanlan stays for that extra granted year, just imagine Scanlan, Hiltz, and Spallina all on attack together. Deadly trio there if you ask me! :p

Where are these games being played? And how are they being handled with the covid?

Also with the dead period extended through August does that mean coaches can’t go scout in person or just can’t make In person contact, anyone know?

Where are these games being played? And how are they being handled with the covid?

Also with the dead period extended through August does that mean coaches can’t go scout in person or just can’t make In person contact, anyone know?

From my understanding, no coaches in attendance. Games will be streamed & film of practices/games will be made available to them.

Thanks for posting. If possible, I'd be very interested to see the other rosters. I couldn't find them on the event's website.

Scroll through the event's twitter feed. Only "upstate" NY (Section 9 and up) kid i saw was Behrmann from Nisky (stud dodging/feeding attackman) and a LSM from Goshen.

Scroll through the event's twitter feed. Only "upstate" NY (Section 9 and up) kid i saw was Behrmann from Nisky (stud dodging/feeding attackman) and a LSM from Goshen.

Last edited:
Spallina and Dom Petro will be a very interesting discussion for the top player in the class. Both are elite, elite prospects, but with very different games. Spallina is great but my two cents is that the Pietramala kid has a chance to be a generational type player. He was seeing the game as a freshman at Boys Latin better than many college attackmen could ever dream of. Either way, both kids have great genes.