Johhnie fans want the Cuse | Syracusefan.com

Johhnie fans want the Cuse

Masochists. We've won 14 out of the last 15. Guess they want to make it 15 out of 16.

That's cute.

TexanMark said:
Any idea on ticket sales?

Haven't heard anything. I know the Garden was giving a $20 discount on single game tix for the Holiday Festival this weekend with St. John's and others. Guess that package deal they were trying to sell with the SU game didn't go so well. Live and learn.

A strong St. Johns is good for college basketball - I hope they can become consistently good again. I'd rather beat them as a Top 25 team than a team without a pulse.

We won't be top 25 just yet, but looked good today. Shot 67% from the field and 60% from three for the game which is unheard of for us. It isn't Cuse's 2-3 zone though. SJU can be tough if we play a full game. Best game today was by our 6'9" forward Orlando Sanchez who looked tremendous. Win or lose, the battle for NY is something's enjoy. SJU certainly has played second fiddle, but I hope that is changing. Hoping for a good battle on Sunday regardless.

We won't be top 25 just yet, but looked good today. Shot 67% from the field and 60% from three for the game which is unheard of for us. It isn't Cuse's 2-3 zone though. SJU can be tough if we play a full game. Best game today was by our 6'9" forward Orlando Sanchez who looked tremendous. Win or lose, the battle for NY is something's enjoy. SJU certainly has played second fiddle, but I hope that is changing. Hoping for a good battle on Sunday regardless.
Don't think you'll get 47% and 30% at the best against us.

Don't think you'll get 47% and 30% at the best against us.

Agree. That's about our normal numbers. SJU has a few things we do well too. We have enough depth and athleticism to not worry about getting tired or fouls. I just don't know which SJU is going to show up? The one today, or the one we've seen earlier this season.

Hey! Remember when you tried to convince yourself last summer that Jordan was a better prospect than Ennis?

Never underestimate a minor rival.

Beat the life out of them.

Hey! Remember when you tried to convince yourself last summer that Jordan was a better prospect than Ennis?

I still think Jordan is an excellent prospect. Just coming along more slowly. SJU has several guards that are good and get minutes. Ennis has been awesome.

At the superdome in 2003 after Kansas beat Marquette easily, a Marquette fan asked the Kansas fans behind me who they wanted to play and they all said Syracuse. They said Texas was TOUGH and we weren't and that they would kill us. I turned around and told them all to be careful what you wished for.
What I'll never understand is the confidence a St. Johns fan could possibly have. In 1987 at O'Briens on Bourbon St , a bunch of Friar fans were screaming at me that they were going to kill us the next day in the FF. My only response was we've beaten you 15 times in a row. I said if you guys lose come back tomorrow and buy me one drink, but if Syracuse loses I'll buy you all a drink. They didn't show. The scoreboard does all the talking. BTW, every time that SJUball guy comes around good things happen for us.

Nothing better than beating these clowns and putting them in their place.

Can't wait to silence that crowd!

Nothing better than beating these clowns and putting them in their place.

Can't wait to silence that crowd!

You going to the game, Ryan?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom