John Beilein to Cleveland Cavs / Juwan Howard to Michigan | Syracusefan.com

John Beilein to Cleveland Cavs / Juwan Howard to Michigan

Beilein probably realized he wanted to get paid for his last few years as a coach.
Gilbert probably overpaid him and he can flame out in 2-3 years in the NBA and have 5 years worth of money and be ready to retire.
Never blame a guy for cashing out at the end.
I just hope Cleveland doesn’t get Zion.
They don’t deserve LeBron then Zion.

Beilein probably realized he wanted to get paid for his last few years as a coach.
Gilbert probably overpaid him and he can flame out in 2-3 years in the NBA and have 5 years worth of money and be ready to retire.
Never blame a guy for cashing out at the end.
I just hope Cleveland doesn’t get Zion.
They don’t deserve LeBron then Zion.

He was getting paid nearly 4 million at Michigan. What did the Cavs give him?

Wow - Never ever saw that coming! He seemed a patient tactician , teacher whose basic motivation never seemed to be money. Tough timing for Michigan. Amazing. Wonder how he will do with NBA players - well good luck to him - good guy. .

Wow - Never ever saw that coming! He seemed a patient tactician , teacher whose basic motivation never seemed to be money. Tough timing for Michigan. Amazing. Wonder how he will do with NBA players - well good luck to him.
NBA coaching is irrelevant for the most part.
The league comes down to talent.
Scheduling gives every team certain wins and losses.

Beilein won’t be different than Lon Kruger with the Hawks or Leonard Hamilton with the Wizards. Unless he get Zion he won’t win anything with the Cavs but will likely being compensated a lot more than he would at Michigan.

I bet Gilbert would pay him a little more just to screw Michigan. Gilbert is a big time Michigan State booster.

good evaluator of talent, great offensive and defensive systems. Great hire IMO. The five year deal lets you know they're willing to build with Beilein

Wow - Never ever saw that coming! He seemed a patient tactician , teacher whose basic motivation never seemed to be money. Tough timing for Michigan. Amazing. Wonder how he will do with NBA players - well good luck to him.

Some guys are about the next challenge but UM has been so close recently I’d have thought he’d stick around. I mean it’s not like he was getting paid in dining hall coupons.

Some guys are about the next challenge but UM has been so close recently I’d have thought he’d stick around. I mean it’s not like he was getting paid in dining hall coupons.

Agreed -- he's getting up there in age [as Alsacs described], and he's been a climber his entire career.

Coaching at the NBA level is just the last [and probably final] challenge, so he's going for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom