John Beilein to the Pistons? | Syracusefan.com

John Beilein to the Pistons?

At 66 this only makes sense if he cares about $$$.
He wouldn’t win squat with the Pistons but I am sure the salary would be in 5-6 million per year range and he wants that type of payday without recruiting anymore.
As a October to April grind is a lot harder but if he wants the paycheck maybe.

I Don’t foresee a better opportunity than this one I think he should go

I like him - a lot. Understands spacing and always has but this is an odd hire to me. No odder than giving Kenny Smith an interview or giving Stan Van Gundy all kinds of power, but still I don't see this fit.

Mich folks seem to think it's bargaining play for his UM salary and nothing more

At 66 this only makes sense if he cares about $$$.
He wouldn’t win squat with the Pistons but I am sure the salary would be in 5-6 million per year range and he wants that type of payday without recruiting anymore.
As a October to April grind is a lot harder but if he wants the paycheck maybe.
Why can't he win with the Pistons? He'd have Griffin and Drummond and the East sucks.

This would be great. He's a very good coach and very well respected. We seem to go up against them in recruiting a good amount.

Terrific coach. Maybe the best offensive coach out there and got them to play very good defense this season with a roster filled with lots of turnover. Easy interview being that A2 is close to Detroit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom