John Beilein | Syracusefan.com

John Beilein

DrysdaleBlue

Walk On
based on the article I just read on TheAthletic.com, John Beilein’s NBA stint with the Cavs looks to be already on borrowed time. We already know he’s a great college coach and has CNY roots with the Dolphins. Was wondering what people’s thoughts are on the possibility???

Also, I feel I owe this to the man for what he’s done for this city and school so I’ll say this, I love Boeheim and everything he has done and means to our city. These last 5 years have been bad though and are getting worse, everyone knows, including our rivals, that he’s at the end of the line of his career and probably calling it quits when Buddy retires. I gotta believe other schools are using this against us to recruits.

I think Beilein is a great coach, but 1.) I doubt that whoever replaces Boeheim will be 65+ years old and 2.) one of the major reasons that Beilein jumped to the NBA was because he was sick of the recruiting grind and the nonsense that came along with it.

He gets to keep all the money regardless .. stupid pampered NBA slugs who can’t win a game that

I think Beilein is a great coach, but 1.) I doubt that whoever replaces Boeheim will be 65+ years old and 2.) one of the major reasons that Beilein jumped to the NBA was because he was sick of the recruiting grind and the nonsense that came along with it.

Ya, totally didn’t think about his age when writing my post. Which admittedly, I wrote in frustration with our programs trajectory. Having Boeheim as our coach for so long makes you totally forget about silly things like age apparently.

The word is his players don't like his college approach.

Of course I don't know what they like about the start they've had.

I bet the Michigan job looks a lot better to Beilein now than a few months ago. Many college coaches don't appreciate how little control of the roster an NBA coach actually has ... and many of the players don't listen to most of the coaches.

I bet the Michigan job looks a lot better to Beilein now than a few months ago. Many college coaches don't appreciate how little control of the roster an NBA coach actually has ... and many of the players don't listen to most of the coaches.

Probably. At the same time, I can’t blame the guy for taking a shot at it and getting paid handsomely to do so. I imagine most b-ball coaches would at least want a shot at the NBA - especially when it’s probably his last stop.

The next coach for Syracuse is going to have a difficult time filling Boeheim's shoes. Bringing in an older, successful coach to act as a bridge might be a really good idea.

The next coach for Syracuse is going to have a difficult time filling Boeheim's shoes. Bringing in an older, successful coach to act as a bridge might be a really good idea.

Not the same example but SMU brought in Larry Brown and became a high ranked team and brought some buzz to the program. They knew, he knew he wasn't going to be there long but it bridged the gap for them to find another replacement.

I'm not against this idea.

Not the same example but SMU brought in Larry Brown and became a high ranked team and brought some buzz to the program. They knew, he knew he wasn't going to be there long but it bridged the gap for them to find another replacement.

I'm not against this idea.

Of course the way Larry Brown buzz to the program got them on probation. But regardless of that example, it might be an idea worth exploring but probably not my preference.

He gets to keep all the money regardless .. stupid pampered NBA slugs who can’t win a game that

Has nothing to do with being pampered. You're trying to institute a college environment in a professional setting. The players were going to revolt against it and they have. The same thing happened to Saban in Miami. They weren't going for it and he fled back to the college ranks. Going to the pros isn't for everyone. Billy Donovan seems to have it figured out despite his failure in the postseason.

I don't think Belein will give up that easy. I think he gives it at least 3 maybe 4 years. He also has the owner support and they know it's a total gut job. I am sure there are a couple bad eggs playing there right now but I would imagine they won't be around long. I don't doubt some players don't like his approach but they would stink now regardless who was coaching. There has already been an ESPN rebuttal piece written but like I said I am sure there some players that don't care for his style

Belein has been successful every where he has ever coached and I highly doubt he will just fold up camp quickly.

It is still true, but JB's shoes are getting easier and easier to fill every season.

I thought you were asking if he would return to LeMoyne.

He might take a college job so he can hire his son as an assistant and get his career going again.

Who knows. Might just retire. Getting paid for next 4.5 years anyhow big money... this just never seemed right from the start unfortunately

Now it’s confirmed he will not even make it past the season. Just get out now ...

I don't really get the point here. JB isn't leaving this year and Beilein if he chooses to keep going is going to have his pick of jobs this year. Timeline is not compatible.

Beilein already in discussions to part ways with Cavs. Wow. Leave Michigan and all that success for 50 games in NBA. Shame

Guess he was getting really frustrated with so many players leaving early for the pros, but John just is a college coach and him leaving was a big loss for the college game. Hopefully he comes back for another job.

So when the FBI probe and NCAA get thru with Kansas. Bill Self will be gone and Kansas will need a caretaker HC.

Enter John Beilein.

Head coach in the NBA is the least important coaching position in sports. It's why Riley and Phil never put themselves on a bench with bad rosters. Talent wins

What did Beilein think was going to happen coaching the Cavaliers? Is it going to be a buyout or is he quitting altogether?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom