John Brannen to Cincinnati | Syracusefan.com

John Brannen to Cincinnati

Goodman is saying it’s the Northern Kentucky HC’s job if he wants it.
Woj is reporting Nick Van Exel wants the job.

Last edited:
Richard Pitino an option too. He just signed a contract extension at Minnesota but it has a low buy out and he was a probably getting fired this year if he wouldn't have made the tourney. Seems like coaches are jumping teams now if they feel they are on the hot seat.

They’ve narrowed it down to a few candidates.

CB66722A-0486-4160-9129-0502B9B2F244.jpeg

which is not a bad job, imho

maybe this is where thad matta resurfaces? his ability to recruit the midwest would mean he could pile up a lot of wins in that conference
I've said it before and I'll say it once more: Thad Matta is permanently retired from coaching.

If Ron Artest (Metta) doesn't get the St. Johns gig, give him this one.

Why would Martin go from the SEC to the AAC?

Cinci has had 1 Sweet 16 appearance in what, 10 years?

A quote from Martin:

“I’ve been to Cincinnati,” Martin, a former Bearcat assistant, told The State on Friday. “It’s not that I watch it on TV and ‘Oh, look at them.’ There’s a passion for basketball there that’s incredible. And I lived it. (Former UC coach) Bob Huggins is like a big brother to me. And he’s one of the guys that, as a young high school coach, I idolized.

“And for 48 hours there that all that could be a possibility was intriguing enough for me to open my ears and actually try to pay attention. I slept on it last night and woke up today and just didn’t think it was the right thing to do.”

Just on a basketball level “Cincinatti Bearcats” holds a lot more weight than “South Carolina Gamecocks”. IMO.

But yeah, the scrubby AAC is probably the dealbreaker.

Just on a basketball level “Cincinatti Bearcats” holds a lot more weight than “South Carolina Gamecocks”. IMO.

But yeah, the scrubby AAC is probably the dealbreaker.

Maybe historically, but what has Cincinnati done in recent (say, 10-15) years?

Their crowning achievement might be the brawl against Xavier.

Maybe historically, but what has Cincinnati done in recent (say, 10-15) years?

Their crowning achievement might be the brawl against Xavier.

While true, South Carolina has had two good teams in my lifetime, and one of them lost in the first round in a 2-15 upset.

While true, South Carolina has had two good teams in my lifetime, and one of them lost in the first round in a 2-15 upset.

they're certainly not a powerhouse program by any stretch

I've followed his career pretty closely, as he was a one-time St. Bonaventure University assistant (he was the brains behind the operation during the disastrous Anthony Solomon years). This is a really good hire for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom