John Gillon gets masters degree | Syracusefan.com

John Gillon gets masters degree

Way to go John. Very impressive quotes in that article. Really easy guy to like and cheer for.
2 memories I will always have of John Gillon

1- game winner against Duke. That's obvious.
2- the most efficient game we will ever see in our lifetime. I am confident saying that. 43 points on 13 shots to lead us over NC state. It will never, ever be replicated. Or even close!

Bad fit for zone, but a pretty darn good player.

Kid was a credit to our program. Glad he's making the most out of the opportunity to build on the free education he got. Also glad that he's gotten to participate in Boeheim's Army, to became an even bigger part of our program than the one year he "officially" spent here allowed.

Kudos, Gillon!

"Wow, he makes buzzer beaters against Duke AND he's very smart? I'm even more in love than I was 3 years ago." -my daughter

IMG_2356.JPG

Always good to see stories like this. I wish him well.

Quite clearly, he took his education more seriously than he did the NIT.

good for him. never liked him as a player, but this is great. and better.

tangentially, i think there should be a penalty for programs who admit "gradutate" transfers who don't complete that graduate degree within a reasonable time. of course if they change to immediate eligibility for transfers there won't much or any of it, but until they do . . .

2- the most efficient game we will ever see in our lifetime. I am confident saying that. 43 points on 13 shots to lead us over NC state. It will never, ever be replicated. Or even close!
The shot he hit to tie the NCSt game at the end of regulation was one of the best and toughest I've ever seen.

The shot he hit to tie the NCSt game at the end of regulation was one of the best and toughest I've ever seen.

Andrew White wanted the ball and didn't give him enough space to get set, yet he still got nothing but net.

His NC State game and Duke game/shot are two of the best and most memorable performances by an SU player that I’ve seen. Really dynamic offensive player when he was feeling it.

I watched that game in a Chilis in Lawrence Kansas before a top 5 matchup of KU/Baylor didn't get in until the second half. 40 minutes was too painful to sit in Fogg Allen worse than grandstand at Fenway.

it was a great game but Hak once had a game where he only missed one shot.