John Gillon gets masters degree | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

John Gillon gets masters degree

it was a great game but Hak once had a game where he only missed one shot.
Yeah that's amazing. Not even close to what Gillon did. What he did that night will never, ever be topped by another Syracuse player in my lifetime. That's how ridiculous it was.

Field Goal Pct. (min 9 att.)

Rick Dean (13-13) 2/14/1966 vs. Colgate

Hakim Warrick 2/14/2004 (11-11) at Miami

Arinze Onuaku 12/15/2007 (9-9) vs. E. Tenn. St.

A lot harder in college bball for a forward to put up a 40 point game than a Guard.

The feat isn't scoring the 43 points [which don't get me wrong, is impressive as hell to begin with -- especially being guarded by a blue chip five-star recruit who went on to be a lottery pick].

The eye popping part of it was that said points were scored on 13 shots.

A lot harder in college bball for a forward to put up a 40 point game than a Guard.

Uncle Drew says HI! ;)

I was at that game, he was en fuego.

... and it still didn’t remotely compare to how insanely hot Gillon was @ NCState.

Uncle Drew says HI! ;)

I was at that game, he was en fuego.

... and it still didn’t remotely compare to how insanely hot Gillon was @ NCState.
I had to stop and think for a minute, lol. I should have said a forward who wasn't a dead on 3 point shooter.

I was a big fan of Gillon, even though he was only here for one year. I remember JB saying in a post game interview that he told Gillon’s mom that he improved a lot in his one year here and he wished he had a chance to coach him for another year. I think it says a lot about the kid and his personality and what he meant to that team.

The feat isn't scoring the 43 points [which don't get me wrong, is impressive as hell to begin with -- especially being guarded by a blue chip five-star recruit who went on to be a lottery pick].

The eye popping part of it was that said points were scored on 13 shots.
Think of it this way... if every one of those 13 shots was made, AND they were all 3s, he STILL doesn't reach 43 points.