John Wallace to have jersey retired on Feb 29 against UNC | Syracusefan.com

John Wallace to have jersey retired on Feb 29 against UNC

"When the Cuse is in the house..."!!!!!
Will never forget rolling up to the War Memorial for the semi final vs. East his senior year of high school. J-dub was rocking Da' Man on the back of his head. The East team was talking so much trash in the press leading up to that game that a county school couldn't play with them. John had a monster dunk on someones head and got a little to excited for the refs who gave him the T. Been a fan of that Athena kid ever since that game. Congrats to a guy that perhaps is one of the the top 5 most important players in the program's history.

The signatures are faded but this is my favorite piece of SU memorabilia.

Elvir Ovcina is like a little garden gnome in the bottom right.

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 3.57.11 PM.png

Last edited:
The signatures are faded but this is my favorite piece of SU memorabilia.

Elvir Ovcina is like a little garden gnome in the bottom right.

View attachment 171765
JB gets more prominence there than he ever did on the court.

One of my favorite memories--my neighbor in the nose-bleeds, a local cardiologist, beseeching, at least once a game "JB, get a freaking rebound!"

I believe he played the last 15 minutes of the 2nd half with 4 fouls...

And on top of that, they were up around 10 when he got his 4th. Then down like 8 when he came back in. Then never picked up the 5th.

One of my favorite memories--my neighbor in the nose-bleeds, a local cardiologist, beseeching, at least once a game "JB, get a freaking rebound!"

Looks like they made the seniors bigger than everyone else.

I'm still waiting on Jim Lee and Rudy Hackett. Jimmy hit the biggest shot in syracuse history up to that pt.

I remember Pearl and Bing being the only jerseys up there for a long time. Since they changed their approach, it seems like they’ve largely continued on from Pearl, instead of going back and taking care of those in between Bing and Pearl.

JB was a good dude and a big favorite of the Sour Sitrus Society.

I'm still waiting on Jim Lee and Rudy Hackett. Jimmy hit the biggest shot in syracuse history up to that pt.
Don't forget Rudy's buzzer-beating push shot from the foul line against Kansas State.
Best inside-outside combo in SU history???

I’ve watched this clip 1000 times and never have I seen who it was that strolled out to the shooter On Georgia’s last three

JB was a good dude and a big favorite of the Sour Sitrus Society.

He’s a hilarious twitter follow. He’s addicted to tiger tracker and just responds to him during a golf tournament. It would be a great story for an aspiring SU writer to get the reason for it. Reaf was good people.

I was at the Georgia game and consider it one of the best sporting events I’ve ever been to and I’m a Boston sports fan who has seen about 200 of them.

When Z Simms hit the two 3s late I’ve never been more amped up. I mentally passed out when Cipolla hit the corner shot. I have told the story before but i was the Orange that season but a cheerleader got sick for the sweet 16 so I wore the cheerleading outfit and was fletch for the UGA and Kansas games. I ended up behind Wallace in the photo that was AP when we beat Kansas. My father, a machinist in Bridgewater opened the Globe and almost passed out seeing me there.

The plane ride home from Denver I will never forget. Hancock had so many people waiting for us to return. I thank Big John for putting the team on his back for that tournament. To think he almost missed game 1 of the tourney. A story for another day...

I’ve watched this clip 1000 times and never have I seen who it was that strolled out to the shooter On Georgia’s last three

On one hand he knew he had four fouls...but on the other hand he always closed to the corner like that.

The zone was such a novelty in 1996, but with the casual way they played it, it'd be an abject disaster in 2019.

Still, Wallace is one of my all-time favorites. 5-tool player with a personality, a little style, and some New York pride long before "New York's College Team" became a thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom