John Wildhack donates $1 million to athletic department | Syracusefan.com

John Wildhack donates $1 million to athletic department

Wow. The confidence this shows is incredible. He has the best view of whether the SU athletics stock is low and has potential or if all logic says it’s a dog. You don’t throw a million at a dog investment just for appearances when there’s so much else you can do with that. He KNOWS things are gonna be better.

Yeah, but how much is it after taxes (don't forget New York State) and agent fees?

Wow. The confidence this shows is incredible. He has the best view of whether the SU athletics stock is low and has potential or if all logic says it’s a dog. You don’t throw a million at a dog investment just for appearances when there’s so much else you can do with that. He KNOWS things are gonna be better.

Really? I don't know.

Personally I give to one of my alma maters consistently, but whether the institution is in good shape or has a rosy future or not has never crossed my mind for an instant. I just assumed that everyone who gives does so because they're supportive of the institution, nothing more, nothing less. (And on the flip side, those who stop giving no longer have strong ties to the school or have gone totally reactionary in response to some action or inaction they disagree with.)

Related, how much does an ESPN exec make? I was always under the impression that Wildhack came to SU with a bit of wealth and was taking a big salary cut. This is a generous move - he probably wiped out this year's salary with the gift. (Sweet deal for SU - "come take a pay cut to work long hours for us...and then maybe give your salary back as well if that's cool.")

Really? I don't know.

Personally I give to one of my alma maters consistently, but whether the institution is in good shape or has a rosy future or not has never crossed my mind for an instant. I just assumed that everyone who gives does so because they're supportive of the institution, nothing more, nothing less. (And on the flip side, those who stop giving no longer have strong ties to the school or have gone totally reactionary in response to some action or inaction they disagree with.)

Related, how much does an ESPN exec make? I was always under the impression that Wildhack came to SU with a bit of wealth and was taking a big salary cut. This is a generous move - he probably wiped out this year's salary with the gift. (Sweet deal for SU - "come take a pay cut to work long hours for us...and then maybe give your salary back as well if that's cool.")

This year and a lot of next year.

However, assuming this data is accurate, the guy definitely did not take a paycut and even if he were the highest paid exec at ESPN, got quite a nice raise at SU.

1600713571263.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom