John Wildhack | Syracusefan.com

John Wildhack

CuseMan4

Starter
Your move

We have Regressed SIGNIFICANTLY since 2018 and look like the WORST P5 team in college football. I really like Dino as a person but he’s not cutting it as a coach. For God’s Sake we are getting BLOWN OUT by a 2 win team on national TV. Damien Rhodes is out here blasting the offense in Twitter. I would say he officially lost the fan base and alumni. The team is next. I don’t see this getting any better. Your move Wildhack

I don't know.

D is as good as any I remember.

The scrub WRs killed us last year despite having Trish and many being part of 2018.

Devito back a transfer backup and every WR having their scholarship pulled for some transfers is all I think we need. I feel like the OL can get it together and just needs a couple more guys.

I am done with all of our WRs.

Your move

We have Regressed SIGNIFICANTLY since 2018 and look like the WORST P5 team in college football. I really like Dino as a person but he’s not cutting it as a coach. For God’s Sake we are getting BLOWN OUT by a 2 win team on national TV. Damien Rhodes is out here blasting the offense in Twitter. I would say he officially lost the fan base and alumni. The team is next. I don’t see this getting any better. Your move Wildhack

Wait, you think the team is next? Pretty sure that bus is already rolling. 2 guys left the program to declare for the draft mid season. I know Cisco was injured. But that isn’t a good look. That is not the sign of a cohesive team that is in this together. A TON of INDIVIDUALS on this team, we do not play as a team IMO.

Wait, you think the team is next? Pretty sure that bus is already rolling. 2 guys left the program to declare for the draft mid season. I know Cisco was injured. But that isn’t a good look. That is not the sign of a cohesive team that is in this together. A TON of INDIVIDUALS on this team, we do not play as a team IMO.
Trill and Cisco declaring had more to do with them removing themselves from a scholar athlete situation to fully focus on legitimate pro opportunities. They weren’t abandoning ship.

That comes this winter/spring.

I don't know.

D is as good as any I remember.

The scrub WRs killed us last year despite having Trish and many being part of 2018.

Devito back a transfer backup and every WR having their scholarship pulled for some transfers is all I think we need. I feel like the OL can get it together and just needs a couple more guys.

I am done with all of our WRs.
Dino's offense doesn't work in a conference with good defenses. Eric made a lot of plays after play calls fell apart. The Big 12 has been all offense and no defense for quite awhile.

Trill and Cisco declaring had more to do with them removing themselves from a scholar athlete situation to fully focus on legitimate pro opportunities. They weren’t abandoning ship.

Agreed, if people leave after the season it will be more telling. Trill and Cisco made business choices and no one can blame them.
Howard from all accounts opted out for personal reasons.
Adams no idea what he was thinking.
No reason to think it’s a “mass exodus” or something really wrong with the program.

The end of this game is a bad bad look...no discipline, offense still inept and Dino just standing there......Dino had us all fooled, our only hope is he “retires” or makes a lateral move (not sure who would want him)

Dino's offense doesn't work in a conference with good defenses. Eric made a lot of plays after play calls fell apart. The Big 12 has been all offense and no defense for quite awhile.

Meh.

You need plays. In 2018 we got a ton from the QB when there was nothing.

Tonight we are playing a bad D and our WRs have given us negative plays.

You can't go a full season without skill positions making things happen. Devitos best throws were dropped.

I think a talented 5th year QB back with some new targets and a better line and run game is a pretty good start. If we keep White I have no issues with the staff and want them to have a shot at bouncing back. New Offensive Coordinator should happen but IDK if we can afford to make a change.

Posted this in the game thread

Eating the buyout now is just going to make it harder for the next coach. Unless we can raise enough money to buyout Dino, he should get next year. And with all due respect to our fans because we have A LOT of good ones, but our attendance has been dreadful for a while outside maybe the end of 2018/Clemson game 2019.

Just fix the offense, win games, and everything will be fine.

I don’t blame them. And I don’t really care why they did what they did. But you can’t tell me that announcing in the middle of the season isn’t worrying. Cisco was at least injured. Trill Williams wasn’t. Trill is a solid player. But he is in no way a day 1 pick. The guy didn’t even want to put more tape up for the NFL. He quit on his team. No matter how or why he did it. He quit on his coaches and on his teammates.

I cannot believe Dino had the balls to seem critical of fan attendance in 2018 and 2019. I don’t know why im angry about it now. But I am

We only had 42,000 fans attend on a Friday Night for Dungey's last game. If the narrative now is that Dungey was the reason for that magical season, why didn't more fans attend Dungey's final home game?

Posted this in the game thread

Eating the buyout now is just going to make it harder for the next coach. Unless we can raise enough money to buyout Dino, he should get next year. And with all due respect to our fans because we have A LOT of good ones, but our attendance has been dreadful for a while outside of the end of 2018.

Just fix the offense, win games, and everything will be fine.
Season ticket sales increased over 11,000 seats between 2018 and 2019. Our fans answered the call. Dino blew it. Blew it. Blew it.

We only had 42,000 fans attend on a Friday Night for Dungey's last game. If the narrative now is that Dungey was the reason for that magical season, why didn't more fans attend Dungey's final home game?
I’ve been a Syracuse fan for 20 years and I think have witnessed... 6 winning seasons?

dino had one ten win year and new season ticket sales shot up over 30%. Fans answered, he dropped the ball.

Agreed, if people leave after the season it will be more telling. Trill and Cisco made business choices and no one can blame them.
Howard from all accounts opted out for personal reasons.
Adams no idea what he was thinking.
No reason to think it’s a “mass exodus” or something really wrong with the program.

I am sorry but this is pathetic against a 2-6 team. This is ridiculous.

We did not lose *that* many people versus other schools during the pandemic, so all the true FR was done by a guy that either 1)knew the realities of his contract or 2) knew he did not recruit well for awhile.

I cannot believe Dino had the balls to seem critical of fan attendance in 2018 and 2019. I don’t know why im angry about it now. But I am
I can’t believe he never blames himself for any of this. It drives me nuts. You’re terrible. You’re embarrassing these kids that have waited their whole life for these moments. Let them know you’re sorry for crying out loud

Bought mostly because of the Clemson game
Cheeks in the seats improved steadily between ‘17 and ‘19. Im sure plenty of other season ticket holders will attest to that. We had huge swings in positive attendance change while the vast majority of college fb was steadily losing.

I am sorry but this is pathetic against a 2-6 team. This is ridiculous.

We did not lose *that* many people versus other schools during the pandemic, so all the true FR was done by a guy that either 1)knew the realities of his contract or 2) knew he did not recruit well for awhile.
I was talking about folks saying the team was abandoning ship.
At no point did I say I was making excuses to why we are playing so poorly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom