Johnny's learning to speak Canadian ... | Syracusefan.com

Johnny's learning to speak Canadian ...

Quarterbacks coming over after failing in the NFL tend to fail in the CFL as well. There are exceptions, notable of course being Doug Flutie.

Quarterbacks coming over after failing in the NFL tend to fail in the CFL as well. There are exceptions, notable of course being Doug Flutie.

Well, I hear you, but Manziel hasn't failed as a football player so much as he has failed as an adult. Moreover, he's the same type and size of QB as Tom Clements, Condredge Holloway, Joe Theismann, Tracy Ham, Matt Dunigan, Damon Allen and others, all of whom had solid careers here on the bigger field. Hamilton has been struggling, so he's worth a look there. I have no idea why anyone thought Vince Young was a possibility, however. :)

Well, I hear you, but Manziel hasn't failed as a football player so much as he has failed as an adult. Moreover, he's the same type and size of QB as Tom Clements, Condredge Holloway, Joe Theismann, Tracy Ham, Matt Dunigan, Damon Allen and others, all of whom had solid careers here on the bigger field. Hamilton has been struggling, so he's worth a look there. I have no idea why anyone thought Vince Young was a possibility, however. :)
Wow. I remember the days of Tom Clements and Condrege Holloway fighting fir the starting quarterback position fir the OTTAWA ROUGHRIDERS ! Those were good days in the CFL. I'm sure you know of a guy named Russ Jackson?

Wow. I remember the days of Tom Clements and Condrege Holloway fighting fir the starting quarterback position fir the OTTAWA ROUGHRIDERS ! Those were good days in the CFL. I'm sure you know of a guy named Russ Jackson?

Jackson.Russ-Ott8.JPG

First CFL game I ever saw was the 1968 Grey Cup. Ottawa Rough Riders - Jackson, Margene Adkins, Whit Tucker, Vic Washington, Ron Stewart, Don Sutherin - vs. Calgary Stampeders - Pete Liske, Terry Evanshen, Herm Harrison, Gerry Shaw, Wayne Harris, Larry Robinson, Jerry Keeling, Dick Suderman - I loved it. Truly the golden years of the CFL.

Last edited:
Jackson.Russ-Ott8.JPG

First CFL game I ever saw was the 1968 Grey Cup. Ottawa Rough Riders - Jackson, Margene Adkins, Whit Tucker, Vic Washington, Ron Stewart, Don Sutherin - vs. Calgary Stampeders - Pete Liske, Terry Evanshen, Herm Harrison, Gerry Shaw, Wayne Harris, Larry Robinson, Jerry Keeling, Dick Suderman - I loved it.
Who won?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom