Joker | Syracusefan.com

Joker

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Seeing it at 7 could not be more fascinated in what direction Phoenix takes this

Very realistic and unsettling picture, highly recommended.

That's what I'm worried about. I think I'm going to love it, be mesmerized by it, and then not be able to get it out of my mind at the worst time (my nightly wake ups at 2 am, 3 am, and on and on).

We had some dipshiz in our row dressed as the Heath Ledger joker constantly laughing maniacally at every tragic scene and reaching into his coat and under his seat. I wanted to punch him in his face. Obviously just a dude looking for attention, but very unsettling.

This Joker’s not comparable to Heath’s and is incredible in its own right.

I’ve never seen a movie like it I don’t think. Incredibly dark and well done. Without spoiling anything, the climax of the movie was unbelievably powerful.

Word of mouth is that it’s great and everything but me personally have no interest in seeing it. Now the thing is I had no interest in seeing TDK but that was amazing so it’s kind of conflicting. But the 2 big problems I have is that’s it’s just a movie on its own no connection to anything, and I don’t like the makeup.
Now I don’t know DC as well as marvel being that I’ve read a few marvel comics, but I don’t know if the joker ever dons that makeup. But TDK makeup was fantastic, and Letos was What.

So im Probably gonna wait for Redbox, not unless some incredible happens.

I will say it’s not really just a movie on its own, its an origin story with bold connections.

The makeup didnt impress me for most of the movie until the moment it did and it did in a big way.

Definitely unlike any other marvel or dc movie. It’s hard to not rave about it with spoilers.

Deniro was good too, first time he's been good in anything in years. Very meta obviously with the similarities to King of Comedy. The one thing I'll say about this movie is it's impossible not to think about it after, it stays with you. The last bit at the end is so incredibly jarring. If ledger hadn't already won for this role, I would think Phoenix would be a shoe-in for Best actor. I was afraid he would "overact" this but he's excellent.

The disconnect between movie critics and what people like has never been wider.
Crap like this.

The disconnect between movie critics and what people like has never been wider.
Crap like this.

If people havent figured out fox and cnn are garbage over the last 5 years I dont know what to tell them.

Its not the movie’s fault that this is even publishable in today’s society.

This Joker’s not comparable to Heath’s and is incredible in its own right.

I’ve never seen a movie like it I don’t think. Incredibly dark and well done. Without spoiling anything, the climax of the movie was unbelievably powerful.

The Joker is a fascinating character because he/she (why couldn't it be a woman at some point?) can be played in so many ways. Unlike a lot of the protagonists and antagonists in the DC and MCU, this is one of the few that you can kind of see almost ANYONE become this type of character. Cool...and scary.

The Joker is a fascinating character because he/she (why couldn't it be a woman at some point?) can be played in so many ways. Unlike a lot of the protagonists and antagonists in the DC and MCU, this is one of the few that you can kind of see almost ANYONE become this type of character. Cool...and scary.
eh there’s already a Harley Quinn movie coming out, I don’t see the joker being great as a woman. Sometimes I think it’s better to stay true to the story/origin

eh there’s already a Harley Quinn movie coming out, I don’t see the joker being great as a woman. Sometimes I think it’s better to stay true to the story/origin
I get it though. There's nothing inherently male about the Joker character though.

Since I saw Burtons Batman as a kid I’ve always thought of the Jack Napier/Joker origin as canon (I know it’s not) but I can’t wait to see this.

Very realistic and unsettling picture, highly recommended.

What a bleak and freaking dark movie. It was possibly the best "origin" film I have ever seen. Phoenix killed it.

Chip was right. It is going to stay with me for quite awhile.

Last edited:
while y'all are watching joker, i'm off to see judy

which raises the question: who has the creepier makeup, joaquin or renee?

while y'all are watching joker, i'm off to see judy

which raises the question: who has the creepier makeup, joaquin or renee?
How was it?

Even better the second time.

Most powerful 15 minute span of a movie I’ve ever watched

The tension on Murray's show is well earned and brutal. I still can't shake this movie.

torn between seeing it just to see what it is and also thinking it looks so bad in the trailers and not really liking almost anything Phoenix has ever done.

torn between seeing it just to see what it is and also thinking it looks so bad in the trailers and not really liking almost anything Phoenix has ever done.
Definitely worth seeing to draw your own opinion. I'm torn on Phoenix in general as well, but it is definitely worth watching. I was not enamored with the trailers either, but this movie builds tension slowly and I think it's hard to convey the tone in marketing honestly.

well. i guess i never get that 2 hrs back.

really confused on the timeline now of the whole DC Batman world.

it felt like Phoenix was trying to be Heath without any of the charisma.. If this was the Heath virgin origin story i would be really pissed. now if its the Joker origin for the crappy batmans of the last couple movies i can live with it cause i am never going to see them finish and I know I never have to worry about stopping to finish this movie when i see it on TV.

i do wonder where this made all its money.. i would hope is not comic book fans HS age and under.. 90 million is a ton of money and this is not a feel good watch 10 times movie.

there were maybe 8 people all 50+ in my theater, several left mid way.. I would have left after 15 min too but i needed to finish it to be able to really discuss it so i stuck it out..

Thought it was kind of meh.

A ninety minute buildup for a climax that was kind of predictable.

If people havent figured out fox and cnn are garbage over the last 5 years I dont know what to tell them.

Its not the movie’s fault that this is even publishable in today’s society.

For what its worth, even the US Army sent out notifications to all it's personnel to be on guard if going to see this movie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom