Jon Rothstein’s way too early top 25 | Syracusefan.com

Jon Rothstein’s way too early top 25

Why didn't he include Howard Washington as part of the bench?

FRS Hoopz? What is that, Rothstein?

A power conference program returning all five starters from a Sweet 16 team in this day and age is very rare.

#16 seems laughably conservative, considering.

I think the fact that they were the last team in, were 8-10 in conference and played some ugly ball is going to keep preseason projections lower. Fine with me. It’s not his fault, he didn’t know

A power conference program returning all five starters from a Sweet 16 team in this day and age is very rare.

#16 seems laughably conservative, considering.

I know people are geeked up about returning everyone from a sweet sixteen run and reasonably so. I am too!

But the other side of that coin is that we had a regular season that gut us barely into the tournament. Which is probably a better barometer than two weeks in March.

I like 16. Higher than weve been in a while but still plenty of room to climb.

I know people are geeked up about returning everyone from a sweet sixteen run and reasonably so. I am too!

But the other side of that coin is that we had a regular season that gut us barely into the tournament. Which is probably a better barometer than two weeks in March.

I like 16. Higher than weve been in a while but still plenty of room to climb.
I think the fact that they were the last team in, were 8-10 in conference and played some ugly ball is going to keep preseason projections lower. Fine with me. It’s not his fault, he didn’t know
8-10 in conference playing with (quite literally) no bench.

This season SU's bench should have both quantity and quality - especially if Sidibe is healthy.

Gambling on sports is going to make a lot of people a lot of money.

I need to figure out how to do it. I know it can be very frustrating but now that it's legal, curious if you can just do it through websites. Not much of a gambler...obviously.

I don't.

But 3 months of data is more valuable than two weeks of data.
But we started 2 freshmen ... so the first 3 months of data were pretty much useless. I'd say the NCAA's, when OB started playing better and MD started scoring, are a better measure even though a shorter period.

We have the same defense coming back, with more depth. Our top scorer just walked back into the Dome. Even if we leave Tyus alone at 18-19 pg, and plot modest improvement for the rest of the starters (MD from 5+ to 8-10; Pascal from 5 - 8; Frank from 14 to 16; OB from 15 to 17), plus add only 13 bench points TOTAL from Sid (3-6), Carey, Hughes and Bras, we're looking at 80 ppg+ (near the top of the ACC) with a very good defensive team.

There's reason for optimism and top 20 predictions.

Last edited:
But we started 2 freshmen ... so the first 3 months of data were pretty much useless. I'd say the NCAA's, when OB started playing better and MD started scoring, are a better measure even though a shorter period.

We have the same defense coming back, with more depth. Our top scorer just walked back into the Dome. Even if we leave Tyus alone at 18-19 pg, and plot modest improvement for the rest of the starters (MD from 5+ to 8-10; Pascal from 5 - 8; Frank from 14 to 16; OB from 15 to 17), plus add only 13 bench points TOTAL from Sid (3-6), Carey, Hughes and Bras, we're looking at 80 ppg (near the top of the ACC) with a very good defensive team.

There's reason for optimism and top 20 predictions.

I think 16th is a perfectly reasonable ranking.

24th seems pretty low...was thinking top 20.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marz44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom