Jordan Spieth... | Syracusefan.com

Jordan Spieth...

Be interesting to see if that starts him on a hot streak leading up to the British.

Meh. I missed my first ever hole in one last week by 4 inches. Prize money was zero though I didn't have to buy a round.

Be interesting to see if that starts him on a hot streak leading up to the British.
This has to be a big confidence boost for him. Ten wins on the PGA tour before his 24th birthday, faster than anyone except Tiger. And the kid has been "slumping" a bit the last two years.

When Spieth is playing well he seems to be able to pull these shots off down the stretch when they are needed. He differentiates himself on and around the greens when he wins. My Dad and I where talking about him and wondering if he would emerge back to that dominant form he had for a couple of years. Its not like he's been bad, he just hasn't been lights out like he was. I think his bent left elbow and the fact that he can loose his draw at times (hooking even short irons) could cause some inconsistent stretches of play for him. That short game is so good though that I think he will be one of the guys in the mix at the top for quite a while.

When Spieth is playing well he seems to be able to pull these shots off down the stretch when they are needed. He differentiates himself on and around the greens when he wins. My Dad and I where talking about him and wondering if he would emerge back to that dominant form he had for a couple of years. Its not like he's been bad, he just hasn't been lights out like he was. I think his bent left elbow and the fact that he can loose his draw at times (hooking even short irons) could cause some inconsistent stretches of play for him. That short game is so good though that I think he will be one of the guys in the mix at the top for quite a while.

I wouldn't mind if he went on a run. In team sports, I don't particularly like it when one team is so dominant, - unless it's my team. But in individual sports, I'm just really impressed when one guy is so much better than the others.

I wouldn't mind if he went on a run. In team sports, I don't particularly like it when one team is so dominant, - unless it's my team. But in individual sports, I'm just really impressed when one guy is so much better than the others.

I dunno. I don't dislike Speith, but I don't want a return to the TV coverage descending into another round of "Tiger scratches his chin ... Tiger hitches his belt ... Tiger glares at the crowd ... Tiger looks at the sky ... " all the meanwhile other golfers I actually do like are taking and making shots.

I dunno. I don't dislike Speith, but I don't want a return to the TV coverage descending into another round of "Tiger scratches his chin ... Tiger hitches his belt ... Tiger glares at the crowd ... Tiger looks at the sky ... " all the meanwhile other golfers I actually do like are taking and making shots.

Golf fans are tuning in to see shots. We want to see as many shots as possible from anyone that is in contention or making a move. We don't want to see Tiger who is not in contention, the Jason Day vertigo walk, Ricky Fowler waiting, the announcers talking (we can hear them we don't need to see them) or any other number of things that are not golf shots while there are golf shots taking place. Fox is so bad with the US open, absolutely the worst.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom