Class of 2021 - Joseph Todaro (NY: Carey) LSM/D Flipped to Hopkins | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 Joseph Todaro (NY: Carey) LSM/D Flipped to Hopkins

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Section 8 kid. If the Showtime roster is correct, he would be our 1st 2021 commit. I haven't been able to find anything on twitter yet to confirm.

Recapping The LI Elite 80, A Highly Unique Showcase Experience

Joseph Todaro ’21, D, Carey (N.Y.) / Icon
This kid was an animal, which makes me think that he’ll have ACC/Big 10 written all over him when the time comes. Todaro is huge, but he’s not good just due to his size. With that in mind, he moves impeccably and was a field general out there, directing traffic and often leading the clearing game. He was excellent off the ground and successfully limited some of the event’s top attackmen.

Section 8 kid. If the Showtime roster is correct, he would be our 1st 2021 commit. I haven't been able to find anything on twitter yet to confirm.

Must have gotten an offer through his coach as we wouldn't have been able to contact him with the new rules unless we offered before they went into affect last year.

Must have gotten an offer through his coach as we wouldn't have been able to contact him with the new rules unless we offered before they went into affect last year.

Wasn't Desko or another staff member on LI last weekend? ;)

Wasn't Desko or another staff member on LI last weekend? ;)

LOL. Donahue was at the big Sweet Lax tournament last weekend. Unfortunately Desko wasn't there and there was no SU presence at the big tourney in Delaware the week before.

So either this kid committed before he finished 8th grade or this a recruiting violation. My gut says this is a mistake. Although it does like this kid might be pretty good.

So either this kid committed before he finished 8th grade or this a recruiting violation. My gut says this is a mistake. Although it does like this kid might be pretty good.

If he's 2021, he just finished his frosh year of HS.

If he's 2021, he just finished his frosh year of HS.
I know but the new recruiting rule went into effect last April which would've been during his 8th grade year. It precludes any contact with coaches outside of camps, no communication through coaches and no offers allowed even through club coaches. According to the new rule no communication is allowed until Sept 1 of a kids junior year.

Last edited:
He participated in the Igloo Elite 80 camp on Long Island last November (as a HS Frosh). Desko was there as an instructor along with just about every other major D1 HC.

Video, Photos, Analysis: Boys' Igloo Elite 80

“• Joseph Todaro (D/LSM, H. Frank Carey/Icon Lacrosse)
Todaro just screams Division I commit at first glance. The first note in my pad just said “undeniable athleticism.” The big, rangy defender covers a lot of ground with each step and has true speed as well. He even took draws when his team was struggling, turning them into scraps he could win. His size and football pedigree are apparent.”

He took his commitment off of his Instagram and changed his bio to just "2021". He's been liking a lot of Penn State posts lately... could that be where he's headed? I'd say so.

He took his commitment off of his Instagram and changed his bio to just "2021". He's been liking a lot of Penn State posts lately... could that be where he's headed? I'd say so.

Ugh here we go again

Probably never a good sign when kids commit as early as he did. Hopkins seems to be picking kids up left and right. This is a bummer, he looks like he will be a really good player. Recruiting is tough. Still time to pick things up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom