Class of 2018 - JUCO DB Duwayne Johnson (DC) SIGNED NLI SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 JUCO DB Duwayne Johnson (DC) SIGNED NLI SYRACUSE

CuseLegacy

According to his twitter page he will be a Dec. 2017 grad from Arizona Western.
Transferred to JUCO from Virginia Tech

Last edited:
DB DuWayne "The Rock" Johnson Commits

DB DuWayne "The Rock" Johnson Commits

By: Joe Lanza
publisher

on February 8, 2014, 6:39 PM | 11 comments
Virginia Tech secured a commitment from 2015 defensive back DuWayne Johnson this evening. The Hokies were hosting recruits during their first junior day of the 2015 cycle. He's rated a 3-star prospect by both and 247Sports from Washington, D.C. (H. D. Woodson).

In November DuWayne told Ryan Bartown of 247Sports Virginia Tech was one of his leaders.

"I like Virginia Tech, Georgia and Notre Dame," Johnson told 247Sports recently at his high school. "Virginia Tech has recruited me the hardest. They have a leg up as theyve made me a priority."

What has the Hokies on top for the Washington (D.C.) Woodson H.D. standout?

"I really liked the atmosphere there when I went to their Spring Game during my sophomore year," Johnson said. "(Wide receivers) coach (Aaron) Moorehead came to see me. I talked to Josh Morgan and he told me how it was there. I like their fans and how everything shuts down in their down on game days."

Here is how he was listed on the VT Football site...

RANKINGS: Listed as the No. 55 cornerback in the nation and the No. 8 prospect in D.C. by Rivals … Ranked as the No. 65 cornerback in the country and the No. 8 player in D.C. by 247Sports … Listed as the No. 41 cornerback in the country by Scout … Ranked as the No. 44 cornerback in the country, the No. 74 player in his region and the No. 6 player in D.C. by ESPN Recruiting Nation.

THE VITALS: Committed to the Hokies on 2/8/2014 … A member of the All-Atlantic Region Team by SuperPrep … A second-team All-Met selection at defensive back by The Washington Post … A 2014 American Family Insurance All-USA Washington D.C. Football Team selection … Named the publication’s defensive player of the year.

WHY HE CHOSE TECH: “Coach [Torrian] Gray recruited me harder than any of the other coaches at the other schools. I’ve been down to Virginia Tech a lot, so I’m familiar with the school and with the defense and what Coach Gray is going to run. The DB coach at my school [Roland Minor] played for Coach Gray, so that was a big impact on me going there.”

Last edited:

Virginia Tech defensive back DuWayne Johnson has signed with Arizona Western College for the upcoming season.

Johnson, a three-star cornerback in the 2015 recruiting cycle from Washington, DC, did not record any game activity during his career in Blacksburg.

He is not participating in Virginia Tech's spring workouts.

www.hokiesports.com/football/players/johnson_duwayne.html

Same HS as Hendrix. Hokie site said he was recruited over by the new staff hence the transfer to Juco. 2 to play 2 and prob a Jan enrollee.
LB Juan Wallace who is playing his senior season at IMG Academy, Fl. is also from the same HS as Hendrix and Johnson, "Woodson HS" MD...That would be three out of one school and one of the top schools in Maryland.

I'll set the over/under at 25 for the number of "The Rock" gifs/photos/references in this thread within 24 hours of his verbal.

I personally think the over is easy money.
YNz83.gif

Damn you University of Syracuse!!! Seriously though, what chance does a kid have of saying the school correctly if a 50 year old coach can't get the name right.

This would really solidify our secondary for the next two years. With the depth problems we've had in the past, I want as many tall secondary players as possible.