Class of 2017 - JUCO DE Alton Robinson(OK) Signed/ Eligible to Play Immediately | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 JUCO DE Alton Robinson(OK) Signed/ Eligible to Play Immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally signed with Texas A&M. This is a nice find and hopefully he truly has grown up while at a JUCO school. Hope he's ready to contribute immediately, as well.

200w_d (1).gif

NMSU provides second chance for former Texas A&M signee Alton Robinson

Robinson was a heavily recruited defensive end out of the San Antonio area, ranked the No. 72 player in Texas by 247Sports before signing with Texas A&M in 2016 with offers from Texas, Alabama, California, Michigan, Baylor, Houston, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech . But he was arrested later in February and faced felony burglary charges for allegedly stealing the cell phone of his ex-girlfriend.

Robinson was arrested after allegedly stealing his ex-girlfriend's her cell phone after he ripped her purse away and caused her to fall, according to reports.

Robinson's case has since been dropped to a misdemeanor.

It's unclear at this time where the case currently stands, but Robinson, who was 17 at the time of the incident, played football last season at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M, giving him three remaining years of eligibility.

"We did a deep dive on the situation just like every recruit who is involved in any off field incident," NMSU athletics director Mario Moccia said. "We investigated to the best of our ability to find the facts and speak with everyone who has been involved with him from his parents to his coaches."

Wow! Very nice get. Welcome to Cuse! Go get the quarterback.

Like I have always said, kids make mistakes. Just as long as it wasn't anything serious, which it sounds like it wasn't, this seems like a great addition. I know from experience that if it was serious and he did do it, he would be taking some sort of plea deal. Not the case here. If Coach DB did his own investigation and wants him on the team, then so do I.

NMSU provides second chance for former Texas A&M signee Alton Robinson

Robinson was a heavily recruited defensive end out of the San Antonio area, ranked the No. 72 player in Texas by 247Sports before signing with Texas A&M in 2016 with offers from Texas, Alabama, California, Michigan, Baylor, Houston, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech . But he was arrested later in February and faced felony burglary charges for allegedly stealing the cell phone of his ex-girlfriend.

Robinson was arrested after allegedly stealing his ex-girlfriend's her cell phone after he ripped her purse away and caused her to fall, according to reports.

Robinson's case has since been dropped to a misdemeanor.

It's unclear at this time where the case currently stands, but Robinson, who was 17 at the time of the incident, played football last season at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M, giving him three remaining years of eligibility.

"We did a deep dive on the situation just like every recruit who is involved in any off field incident," NMSU athletics director Mario Moccia said. "We investigated to the best of our ability to find the facts and speak with everyone who has been involved with him from his parents to his coaches."
Stoled his girlfriend's cell phone?

Two in heated argument probably over who has been texting or calling who else and in the heat of the moment t grabbed her phone from her and wouldn't t give it back

Just a guess
kids these days :confused:

This kid is a pure gamble.
We need to take a gamble but kids with this talent aren't available without character red flags.

I am glad we are giving him a second chance. We need the help at the position. If I were Dino I would have a GA with this kid everywhere for the first month.
Give him a good roommate and let him know this is his last chance don't screw it up.

The talent and offer list is insane. We need this guy if he can get us pressure look out. This a top 100 recruit.
He is probably our most talented defensive line player now.

Status
Not open for further replies.