Class of 2017 - JUCO DT Elijah Bryant (NY) Verbal to SUNY Maritime/PWO from Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 JUCO DT Elijah Bryant (NY) Verbal to SUNY Maritime/PWO from Syracuse

What's up with these numbers and a PWO?

• Height & Weight: 6'3" 290lbs
  • 40 Yard Dash: 4.68
  • Vertical: 35
  • Bench: 425
  • 185 Bench (Reps): 30
  • 100 Meter Dash: 10.8
  • Can you say a 290 lb. Tailback
I would be surprised if these where verified by an independent source.

What's up with these numbers and a PWO?

• Height & Weight: 6'3" 290lbs
  • 40 Yard Dash: 4.68
  • Vertical: 35
  • Bench: 425
  • 185 Bench (Reps): 30
  • 100 Meter Dash: 10.8
  • Can you say a 290 lb. Tailback

Not sure how some of these guys run under the radar.

I would be surprised if these where verified by an independent source.

It's possible those numbers like the 100 meters came in his high school younger years when he was much lighter. I use to wrestle with a kid at Henninger who weighed around 270 and ran close to those numbers. But his brother was a world class hurdler at that time Eugene Norman

http://barnyard.syr.edu/records/m18_19.pdf only thing i could find on him now

but he peaked around 1980 when the olympics were cancelled. I worked the National sports festival in 1981 in Syracuse for the Parks Dept. at Henninger and met Renaldo Nehemiah,Harvey Glance,Herschel walker as I knew Eugene.The best part was that those sprinters walked up to me and asked if I had rolling papers...Didn't but they snuck off to the golf course a little while later and might have run into Tomcat;).

Just before the games started the Mayor Lee Alexander drove up on the brand new and still warm rubber tire track and parked his car on it. The builder of the track went up one side of the Mayor and back down the other and told him to get off his track as it wasn't turned over yet...Priceless. He told the Alexander I don't give a f*** who you are.

Just reported that Bryant received PWO offer from Alabama. Don't have the link right now.

He has a uphill battle at Syracuse and Alabama but you would think he would look and be told about the needed depth at Syracuse as opposed to the 4-5 stars he gas to compete at Alabama with.

I think it's interesting that the staff proffered two pwo spots yesterday. Yes depth is needed but is this telling of something else?

Last edited:
I think it's interesting that the staff proffered two pwo spots yesterday. Yes depth is needed but is this telling of something else?
That we have more elephants than hippos at the moment?

You're worried about flips and misses? Think these PWOs become scholarship offers?

I'm not sure. How many open spots are there still four maybe ? Do we have open scholarships to be handing out or earmarked for someone else, are we pocketing scholarships, are more players leaving who knows.

The preferred walk on spots are normal, the timing might be curious unless we are trying to get out in front of it

Stephen BaileyVerified account ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 1h1 hour ago
Alabama extends a preferred walk-on offer to Syracuse DT walk-on target Elijah Bryant https://twitter.com/elijahbryant11/status/823279045173510144

well-that-escalated-jmg8n6.jpg

Could be two things
1. We are going to be short the 85 players (I hope not)
2. They are trying to make sure the walk-ons are higher quality then they have been and will be useful
Maybe a combo of both?