Class of 2018 - JUCO LB Lakiem Williams (CA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 JUCO LB Lakiem Williams (CA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

;)So we would be image.jpg to get him?!?

OLB 6'2 240

Claims a 4.43 40

December grad

Why doesn't any P5 team want him except us?

Hard to believe that size / speed ratio, with the lack of offers.

Could be a DE / edge prospect, too.

Last edited:
OLB 6'2 240

Claims a 4.43 40

December grad

Why doesn't any P5 team want him except us?
Scrolling through his twitter feed it looks like his Toledo and Houston offer are recent, as in the last few weeks. Could be he is one of those kids that wasn't going to be offered until schools saw what he could do this season.

Hard to believe that size / speed ratio, with the lack of offers.

Could be a DE / edge prospect, too.

JUCO’s are funny like that. First, a lot of the large schools don’t really recruit JUCO prospects. They may take only one player a year, so there tends to be a lot of underrated players so to speak. Philosophically speaking from their perspective, why take a kid with 2 years to play when they can get four? Boise St and Kansas St have exploited this inefficiency for years.

That being said, I think this kid might be a bit of a tweeener as well. He is more fast than quick, that’s for sure. He doesn’t necessarily look instinctive at linebacker, but he can move well enough out there. Definitely an interesting prospect for us to look at, as he can certainly run and possesses explosiveness.

I would think the staff wants to see his frame in person. If he is legitimately 6’2” and can hold 250 -260 pounds, this is exactly the type of kid you bring in to play DE in this system. Quick for the edge and explosive as all get up. He could also be a MIKE backer for us, a depth linebacker for the system (ala Ted Taylor, Austin Valdez, etc).

Anyone else think 240 is a little high based on the pic that was posted?

All I wanna know is do you pronounce his name (phonetically) 'lah-keem', like you're sloshed watching Hakeem Warrick highlights, or 'lah-kkhhigh-em', like you're trying to hawk a lugie?

If he's a December grad and enrolled next semester would he count against last years numbers?

Does he look like he makes us better? I'm not sure, video doesnt show much. decent closing speed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom