Class of 2018 - JUCO LB Lakiem Williams (CA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 JUCO LB Lakiem Williams (CA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

Did baylor or cal ever offer

When is he taking his OV?

Well, I'm not nearly as worried about our LB corps for next season.

boom-5420e6d8e9785.jpg

JUCO’s are funny like that. First, a lot of the large schools don’t really recruit JUCO prospects. They may take only one player a year, so there tends to be a lot of underrated players so to speak. Philosophically speaking from their perspective, why take a kid with 2 years to play when they can get four? Boise St and Kansas St have exploited this inefficiency for years.

That being said, I think this kid might be a bit of a tweeener as well. He is more fast than quick, that’s for sure. He doesn’t necessarily look instinctive at linebacker, but he can move well enough out there. Definitely an interesting prospect for us to look at, as he can certainly run and possesses explosiveness.

I would think the staff wants to see his frame in person. If he is legitimately 6’2” and can hold 250 -260 pounds, this is exactly the type of kid you bring in to play DE in this system. Quick for the edge and explosive as all get up. He could also be a MIKE backer for us, a depth linebacker for the system (ala Ted Taylor, Austin Valdez, etc).
Feeling any different now that he's in the fold?

Feeling any different now that he's in the fold?

No. Looks to be a potential MIKE based on his film. It’s just a highlight film, so you never can tell, but if his measurables are correct I could see him in the middle of our defense.

Good athlete - he was a RB in high school with a lot of offers coming out to play RB. Grew into a LB, and you can tell he’s a bit raw out there.

we're getting better with each recruiting cycle. This is pretty exciting.

No. Looks to be a potential MIKE based on his film. It’s just a highlight film, so you never can tell, but if his measurables are correct I could see him in the middle of our defense.

Good athlete - he was a RB in high school with a lot of offers coming out to play RB. Grew into a LB, and you can tell he’s a bit raw out there.
Cool, thanks. As a general rule I just don't ever get excited about JUCOs. His recruitment was quick enough that it didn't seem like he had the fervor and enthusiasm behind him we sometimes get. Really doesn't say anything about his potential to help, just something I observe.

depth. which we need.

I think he could play meaningful minutes depending on how quickly he catches on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom