Class of 2018 - JUCO LB Lakiem Williams (CA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 JUCO LB Lakiem Williams (CA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

from what i read "limit only applies to players who sign between Dec. 1 and May 31. " so if you take a grad transfer after a certain date it counts towards the 85 and not the 25.

from what i read "limit only applies to players who sign between Dec. 1 and May 31. " so if you take a grad transfer after a certain date it counts towards the 85 and not the 25.

DI Council adopts new football recruiting model

From the press release:
  • Football Bowl Subdivision schools are limited to signing 25 prospective and current student-athletes to a first-time financial aid agreement or a National Letter of Intent. Exceptions exclude current student-athletes who have been enrolled full-time at the school for at least two years and prospective or current student-athletes who suffer an incapacitating injury (effective for recruits who sign after Aug. 1, 2017).

If first-time financial aid agreement or LOI then transfers don't count against the 25 per year.

Sorry man, but you are 100% wrong. They would absolutely count against the years class that they attend. Think about it, how could they not?
Sorry but you are wrong. The rules have changed, including the cap at 25 with no longer the ability to backdate recruits if scholarships were not filled in previous years. A grad transfer is different than a regular transfer. They only count towards the 85 total.

Over Armstrong or Guthrie. I think he and Richards start.with one of Armstrong and Guthrie. My pick is juco richards Armstrong

Doubts?

Dino Babers connects with Lakiem Williams and Williams commits on his Official Visit. Someone on this staff looked at his film and the University paid for him to fly from CA to NY this past weekend. The story gets its viewership and post on the FAN and immediately people begin saying – “Gee, he doesn’t look like he’s 6’2” 240 in the picture? ”

Do you think Dino would even let the kid get on the plane if his physical size and accomplishments weren’t honest? DB and staff looked and saw someone who will benefit SUFB.

Did anyone watch his tape – see him put a QB into the ground, out run everyone on an interception for a TD. Did anyone dig into his stats to see them?,” Williams was on campus for the weekend on his official visit. Per Nunes, “As a sophomore at Butte College (in Oroville, Calif.), he had nearly 60 tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss and an interception. Syracuse.com notes that the Washington state product is the No. 32 JUCO prospect in the 2018 class right now. The 6-foot-2, 240-pound linebacker plays at Butte (California) College and committed to Syracuse shunning offers from the likes of Toledo, Houston, Kansas, UMass and California.” He runs a 4.43 second 40-yard dash, per his Hudl.com profile, as well as bench presses 365 pounds and squats 630.

Can’t be true, they just manufactured the numbers. DB can’t let this weak, slow LB commit take up another scholie space. Go back and take a look at his film if you haven’t before you make a decision on his ability and develop doubts in your mind.

"The reason why I picked Syracuse University other than the rich history, culture the university has was my good friend Clayton Welch," Williams said. "He told me Syracuse is a very special program and being able to play here is a dream. I know he wouldn't tell me anything wrong, so I decided to continue the process and fell in love with the school.

"Day by day my relationship got stronger with the coaches. Once I took the official visit, we touched down and I felt the cold air, and it just felt like home. The staff and players are really cool and I felt like I picked the right choice for me to continue my education because a degree from Syracuse means a lot for me. I am one hundred percent committed." 247 Sports

I say he is on a rail to START at SU.

I
Doubts?

Dino Babers connects with Lakiem Williams and Williams commits on his Official Visit. Someone on this staff looked at his film and the University paid for him to fly from CA to NY this past weekend. The story gets its viewership and post on the FAN and immediately people begin saying – “Gee, he doesn’t look like he’s 6’2” 240 in the picture? ”

Do you think Dino would even let the kid get on the plane if his physical size and accomplishments weren’t honest? DB and staff looked and saw someone who will benefit SUFB.

Did anyone watch his tape – see him put a QB into the ground, out run everyone on an interception for a TD. Did anyone dig into his stats to see them?,” Williams was on campus for the weekend on his official visit. Per Nunes, “As a sophomore at Butte College (in Oroville, Calif.), he had nearly 60 tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss and an interception. Syracuse.com notes that the Washington state product is the No. 32 JUCO prospect in the 2018 class right now. The 6-foot-2, 240-pound linebacker plays at Butte (California) College and committed to Syracuse shunning offers from the likes of Toledo, Houston, Kansas, UMass and California.” He runs a 4.43 second 40-yard dash, per his Hudl.com profile, as well as bench presses 365 pounds and squats 630.

Can’t be true, they just manufactured the numbers. DB can’t let this weak, slow LB commit take up another scholie space. Go back and take a look at his film if you haven’t before you make a decision on his ability and develop doubts in your mind.

"The reason why I picked Syracuse University other than the rich history, culture the university has was my good friend Clayton Welch," Williams said. "He told me Syracuse is a very special program and being able to play here is a dream. I know he wouldn't tell me anything wrong, so I decided to continue the process and fell in love with the school.

"Day by day my relationship got stronger with the coaches. Once I took the official visit, we touched down and I felt the cold air, and it just felt like home. The staff and players are really cool and I felt like I picked the right choice for me to continue my education because a degree from Syracuse means a lot for me. I am one hundred percent committed." Sports

I say he is on a rail to START at SU.
I believe starters will be Richards and Fagan with whoever steps up at other spot. Have heard both of them have done really well. Have to say I'm not sold on Armstrong as most people are on here. To slow to come downhill and smack someone. He isn't slow but no downhill movement at snap of ball. Hope he proves me wrong.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
There’s a reason why I’m really like this pickup. His tape shows some really good things, however, he is not your typical tampa-2 OLB. That makes me curious to see what is in store for our scheme. I think this cat has all the tools to start, so I’ll be interested to see what DCBW has uonhis sleeves.

Remember he is a bit raw - he’s only been playing lb for a few years. He had the tools, but it may take him a while to acclimate to the position at this level.

Does it say Jan Enrollee next to his name in the Fishes and Loaves thread? :):cool::p:rolleyes:
Don't know, I stopped checking it a long time ago since it seems as though it is just posting articles about when they commit.

And also because the numbers are always fluid.

Maybe the coaching staff will move Armstrong to the outside. He did play Safety in high school. Just a thought.

Maybe the coaching staff will move Armstrong to the outside. He did play Safety in high school. Just a thought.

I like Williams in the middle, it’s going to be a heck of a spring battle.

Armstrong at 1 OLB spot and I’m going with Fagan on the other side.

Beautiful to see competition in the Spring at a crucial position.

Armstrong, Fagan, Richards, Williams, Shy, Wallace, Guthrie. Fantastic battle!

His offers are mediocre for sure. If he at a minimum provides quality depth and improves our special teams (kick coverage) allowing a freshman to redshirt them I'm fine with it I guess.

I love the Allison commit at LB though. I think he's got the tools to be a big time LB for us.
I'm with you. If he ends up being J.R. Johnson, he's still a great get. And there's always the chance he grows into into a stud LB. Then he's a steal.

I'm with you. If he ends up being J.R. Johnson, he's still a great get. And there's always the chance he grows into into a stud LB. Then he's a steal.
We including myself are a joke. This kid will most likely start. Like we all know a great LB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom