Class of 2019 JUCO OL Darius Tisdale (NJ / Lackawanna) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

FWIW: Sister appears to have a Rutgers connection

He looks pretty athletic...good frame.

Shrmdougluvr

Lover of Sherman Douglas
Scary offer. I'm hoping he just hasnt been properly evaluated until now because he was second string to other d-1 recruits last year. Only positive spin i can put on it (admittedly, im a cynic).

SUFaninNJ

All American
I may be mixing up north and south (stupid ACC) but isn’t this Dontae Strickland’s high school?
Yes, Strickland is from Dayton, NJ. That's South Brunswick high school. Don't feel bad, I've worked a town over from New Brunswick and North Brunswick for the last 16 years and still get the two confused. I'm solid on East Brunswick, though!

djorange1989

All American
Scary offer. I'm hoping he just hasnt been properly evaluated until now because he was second string to other d-1 recruits last year. Only positive spin i can put on it (admittedly, im a cynic).
the kid was all conference and obviously didn't have the grades, the staff has probably been doing their due diligence on him academically

CuseLegacy

Twitter Wizard
Staff member
There can be other reasons with JUCOs. Sometimes they aren't offered until schools know they are going to qualify.

Shrmdougluvr

Lover of Sherman Douglas
There can be other reasons with JUCOs. Sometimes they aren't offered until schools know they are going to qualify.
Time will tell. Even if he was academically shaky, wouldnt he at least merit a MAC offer or some other school that takes non-qualifiers - like Jo-el Shaw? And this says nothing about the fact that in year three, we are recruiting JUCO defensive tackles (who have no other offers half-way through their sophomore year).

I suppose another possible explanation is that we won't have many upperclass offensive linemen next season, and the staff is trying to even out the distribution of players across classes (makes planning easier).

Last edited:

Top Bottom