Class of 2023 - JUCO OL Jarrett Henry (TX / TVCC) Committed to Oklahoma St | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 JUCO OL Jarrett Henry (TX / TVCC) Committed to Oklahoma St

Interesting...

Tough to gauge level of competition from JUCO film, but he looks like he can move his feet.

6-6 - 310

Last edited:
How will we ever be able to pry him away from all those football factories?
They may not be football factories but...

The OL coach at Campbell must come from a pretty good pedigree with a last name of Anae.
MTSU has been to a bowl game 10 times since 2006 plus they beat us last time we played.
The QB from UIW , Lindsey Scott, is being worked out by the Saints.

Need guys to run third line. And you can’t teach size.

Yeah, but there has to be more to it than that.

Doesn't make sense for the staff to just bring in a warm body right before the portal floods again after spring practice. There must be something they see in this prospect.

So they must see something or why wouldn't you go after a transfer from the SEC or Big portal ranks? Would love to know if our 2023 center Reed will make it or not. He is the only oline guy out of Texas that matters at this moment but again the staff see's something here.

Some thoughts here:

It appears we recently lost 2 OL to injury DQ. Depth here is an issue.

Jarrett plays in the same conference as Lysander, Moelo, who we already took as a commit this class. I think this is a conference that new OL coach Steve Farmer knows very well. He knows Texas well.

We need to add depth to this unit badly. This kid gives us a young player who appears to have potential. It looks like he played OG in high school, and a little center, and mostly LT last year in JUCO. If nothing else, he is versatile.

Trinity Valley finished last year undefeated. They had a really good passing offense. It looks like Jarrett‘s quite advanced as a pass blocker, but needs to work on his run blocking. I think Coach Farmer is looking to add guys who can pass block and this guy fits the bill.

As an aside, Jarret attended Palestine High School in Palestine, Texas, which is about halfway between Dallas and Houston. It is the same high school that produced Adrian Peterson. Trinity Valley Community College is located close to Dallas. His HS tape was poorly done, and surely affected his recruitment.

I expect we will add another transfer OL after spring ball.

Some thoughts here:

Jarrett plays in the same conference as Lysander, Moelo, who we already took as a commit this class. I think this is a conference that new OL coach Steve Farmer knows very well. He knows Texas well.

We need to add depth to this unit badly. This kid gives us a young player who appears to have potential. It looks like he played OG in high school, and a little center, and mostly LT last year in JUCO. If nothing else, he is versatile.

Trinity Valley finished last year undefeated. They had a really good passing offense. It looks like Jarrett‘s quite advanced as a pass blocker, but needs to work on his run blocking. I think Coach Farmer is looking to add guys who can pass block and this guy fits the bill.

As an aside, Jarret attended Palestine High School in Palestine, Texas, which is about halfway between Dallas and Houston. It is the same high school that produced Adrian Peterson. Trinity Valley Community College is located close to Dallas. His HS tape was poorly done, and surely affected his recruitment.

Are you saying we shouldnt just look at his offers and draw a conclusion?

Need guys to run third line. And you can’t teach siz
They may not be football factories but...

The OL coach at Campbell must come from a pretty good pedigree with a last name of Anae.
MTSU has been to a bowl game 10 times since 2006 plus they beat us last time we played.
The QB from UIW , Lindsey Scott, is being worked out by the Saints.
I was just playin.

I'm just glad we've switched off this bring in 240lb OL recruits, and expect them to gain 60lbs. Professionals getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars, not able to see what forum posters without a day of ever playing football could see.

Some thoughts here:

4 to play 3 is a nice benefit too. I think Farmer digging into Texas is a good thing.

Some thoughts here:

Looking at Tulsa's roster last year about 1/3 of the OL was from Texas. I'd say Coach Farmer is very familiar with the talent in Texas.

Honestly, just don't see the current Syracuse allure of drilling for recruits in Texas. Just makes no sense. Barring a Bowl game, we don't step foot in Texas, like ever. Kids coming all that way, with no prospects to play in front of family and friends in their entire career. The Georgia, DMV, Carolinas, and Florida recruiting, at least, makes sense due to our Conference affiliation.

Honestly, just don't see the current Syracuse allure of drilling for recruits in Texas. Just makes no sense. Barring a Bowl game, we don't step foot in Texas, like ever. Kids coming all that way, with no prospects to play in front of family and friends in their entire career. The Georgia, DMV, Carolinas, and Florida recruiting, at least, makes sense due to our Conference affiliation.
Well I mean there’s allure when no other P5 school has any interest whatsoever. :cool:

I must have missed where I said that

You’re always very sensitive over anyone asking questions about offers. Size is great, not a lot of guys that size. Doesn’t mean he can play. That’s what people asked and you replied to.

Can we get back to the O line DQ’s ? Do we know who they are, or have I missed something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom