Class of 2023 - JUCO OL Jarrett Henry (TX / TVCC) Committed to Oklahoma St | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 JUCO OL Jarrett Henry (TX / TVCC) Committed to Oklahoma St

They may not be football factories but...

The OL coach at Campbell must come from a pretty good pedigree with a last name of Anae.
MTSU has been to a bowl game 10 times since 2006 plus they beat us last time we played.
The QB from UIW , Lindsey Scott, is being worked out by the Saints.
Shhhh. Rose colored glasses

I'm just glad we've switched off this bring in 240lb OL recruits, and expect them to gain 60lbs. Professionals getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars, not able to see what forum posters without a day of ever playing football could see.
240 lineman? They signed 12 OL the last 3 cycles and only 1 came in under 270 and that’s Schuster. He is no longer in the program.

240 lineman? They signed 12 OL the last 3 cycles and only 1 came in under 270 and that’s Schuster. He is no longer in the program.
What about Barclay? Yes, he is very tall, so could have weighed more than 240lbs, but not my much. Kid looked like a bean pole. Not being able to put on 60-70lbs; I mean, no one could have seen that coming.:rolleyes:

What about Barclay? Yes, he is very tall, so could have weighed more than 240lbs, but not my much. Kid looked like a bean pole. Not being able to put on 60-70lbs; I mean, no one could have seen that coming.:rolleyes:
Barclay weighed 284 his first season. Played at 290 the following year. Did you want him to play at 350?

He's 6'7 lineman. He's gonna carry his weight different. I mean Chandler Jones didnt look 260 while he was at Cuse either
Shouldn’t be be at least 320-325 if he’s playing T at 6’7?

Each player is different and can play at different weights. Mike Mcglinchy is 6'8 and is only about 290. Lewan is about 300 but then you have guys like Orlando Brown that is 340.
Your responses make too much sense. I don’t know if this board is right for you. What is everyone going to talk about if you’re this rationale and make an outstanding point every time?!

(Ps I truly look forward to all your replies on the football recruiting forum and can’t thank you enough for all your great insight always)

OFFERED> JARRETT HENRY, TRINITY VALLEY CC, ATHENS TX
#65 OLT 6' 6" 265/ 40 - 5.4, BP 245, SQ 450

11708444_d9b58318e8e74cc9b23eb104f92aaa1e.jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

GOOD PASS BLOCKING SKILLS
NEEDS TO DEVELOP RUN BLOCKING SKILLS

HS pics from his junior year? Did you watch the spring game last year? #53
View attachment 226411
I used that pic to make a point. Is that the type of hs recruit that we should be looking at for OLineman in our league. He was severely below the requisite weight to play on the OLine in the ACC. Just like several other recruits that are still here, and that also have left. It's these little mistakes that add up. Because Syracuse Football has so many built-in advantages over other programs across the country, that we need to increase the difficulty level to not suck. Spending 3 precious scholarships on punters, also falls into this category.
Anyway, this kid Jarrett looks the part already; hope we are just getting in early on him, and can get a hidden gem from TX.

I used that pic to make a point. Is that the type of hs recruit that we should be looking at for OLineman in our league. He was severely below the requisite weight to play on the OLine in the ACC. Just like several other recruits that are still here, and that also have left. It's these little mistakes that add up. Because Syracuse Football has so many built-in advantages over other programs across the country, that we need to increase the difficulty level to not suck. Spending 3 precious scholarships on punters, also falls into this category.
Anyway, this kid Jarrett looks the part already; hope we are just getting in early on him, and can get a hidden gem from TX.
It's a good thing that high school juniors aren't expected to play against college athletes in the ACC.

OK gentlemen I think the point has been made.

This is the Jarrett Henry thread let's please keep it on topic of Mr. Henry and no more discussion of players currently on the team. If you want to discuss players on the team take it to the Football forum.

So you are saying a developmental program that don't normally get the ready made HS OL/DL shouldn't take lean/athletic bodies and add functional weight to them? SU better lineman were guys that had leaner bodies they added weight to. Heights/Weights when they committed to SU, Matt Bergeron 6'5 280. Enrique Cruz 6'5 252. Servais 6'6 260. Heckel 6'5 265. Cody Conway 6'6 280. We don't know what Kauhi and Hoeh are going to do the next 3 years but weight won't determine if they fail.

Keep in mind Qadir White was 6'7 335 and Denzel Ward was 6'8 307 when they committed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom