Class of 2016 JUCO OLB Tyree Horton (KS) Offered

CuseLegacy

6:48 PM - 26 Mar 2015 · Details
Tyree Horton ‏@Thorton_10 9h9 hours ago
Just got offered by Syracuse[ #Blessed
1f64f.png
pic.twitter.com/M60Ngy0y2K
CBEXbPeVAAA9B4r.jpg:large

Interesting that he says he's a FSU commit and has all this Noles stuff on his Twitter...more to this story?

Big difference between being a 4star JUCO with offers from everyone in the country, and a JUCO who is 1 offer away from his career being over, and you know it.

except the position is OLB.

Nothing wrong with offering a few JUCOs. 1 offer, 20 offers. If you think a kid can play, if you think a kid can hack it off the field, bring him in. I don't know how many offers he had, nor do I care, but a certain QB on the Packers was a JUCO before going to Cal.

One of our recent 1 offer juco's lb turned out to be a hell of college player. Just got the lb coaching job at Colgate as well.

ya but in the same time period we've also had two 1 offer JUCO flops in Lasker, and Trejo (did have a MSU offer), and 1 other (Kirkland) who had a limited impact. imo if you're going to recruit a JUCO he better start for at least 1 year, and contribute heavily in 2. I just don't believe a program who depends on developing talent should be taking fliers on "under the radar" JUCO's. Usually 2 years out of HS, and 2 years of film, you have a good grasp of who is able to play at the next level or not. I just get very leery when I see that we're the only school offering a JC kid.

ya but in the same tIme period we've also had two 1 offer JUCO flops in Lasker, and Trejo (did have a MSU offer), and 1 other (Kirkland) who had a limited impact. imo if you're going to recruit a JUCO he better start for at least 1 year, and contribute heavily in 2. I just don't believe a program who depends on developing talent should be taking fliers on "under the radar" JUCO's. Usually 2 years out of HS, and 2 years of film, you have a good grasp of who is able to play at the next level or not. I just get very leery when I see that we're the only school offering a JC kid.

I get what you're saying but this gent has some offers. Also think It's far from coincidental that we are specifically targetting kansas juco's knowing the success k state has had with jucos.

I think that we have had pretty good success with Jucos. Im all for a few a year as they add depth and physical maturity that you just dont get with a frosh.

I think that we have had pretty good success with Jucos. Im all for a few a year as they add depth and physical maturity that you just dont get with a frosh.

This gent reminds me of Doug Hogue with advanced coverage skills. SU really needs to do a better job of getting highlights of current and former players on youtube.

I get what you're saying but this gent has some offers. Also think It's far from coincidental that we are specifically targetting kansas juco's knowing the success k state has had with jucos.

Ya I would take this kid in a second. I'm all for grabbing the top JC guys if we can get them. I just don't like the "under the radar" JC's with no other offers.