Class of 2019 - JUCO OT Anthony Whigan (MD/PA) Transferring from PSU | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 JUCO OT Anthony Whigan (MD/PA) Transferring from PSU

Junior college offensive tackle Anthony Whigan added a Nebraska offer Thursday, which could alter his spring plans as he begins to look at several visits.

The one-time Maryland prep standout and current Scranton (Pa.) Lackawanna offensive lineman holds offers from the Cornhuskers, West Virginia, Cincinnati and Maryland, and he is also hearing plenty from Penn State.

"I’m planning to go to Maryland, the Penn State spring game game, and West Virginia," the 6-foot-5, 290-pound Whigan said.

Whigan prepped at Great Mills (Md.) High, so when Maryland offered in the fall, he was excited.

"I like Maryland a lot due to the fact that it’s super close to home, only about 45 minutes," he said. "And they stay in touch with me all the time. I feel as if they generally care."

West Virginia, meanwhile, was the first to offer Whigan. That took place in early November, after a visit for the game against Iowa State.

"With West Virginia, I loved the energy there when I went to the game vs. Iowa State," Whigan said. "It was one of the coolest experiences of my life. I also like the coaching staff. Real down-to-earth guys."

This article was before his offer from Syracuse.

Just get him to visit and he will get hooked. We have plenty of Maryland ties here and we are moving on up and all the excitement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom