Class of 2018 - JUCO OT Willie Allen (LA) to La Tech | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 JUCO OT Willie Allen (LA) to La Tech

LSU freshman OL Willie Allen likely to redshirt after knee injury

"LSU freshman offensive lineman Willie Allen will likely redshirt in 2016 after suffering a knee injury that will require arthroscopic surgery, a source close to LSU confirmed to NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune.

The source said a decision on whether or not Allen will redshirt has not been made.

Allen, a 6-feet-7, 310 pounder who prepped at John Curtis, is one of four offensive linemen in LSU's freshman class and was rated a four-star recruit by three recruiting services."

Kid was rated in the top 20 nationally on ESPN as part of LSU's 2016 class. Not sure we should get our hopes up with this one

He made it to campus. I meant it looks like he got injured and then never played his freshman year. Just makes me wonder if he was pushed out.

If he was pushed out of LSU following an injury (I know you are only wondering if he was) and then blocked from transferring to TCU...that's some pretty cold stuff.

Yes please.
Give Dino decent line play offense and defense and he will win 7-8 games.

If he was pushed out of LSU following an injury (I know you are only wondering if he was) and then blocked from transferring to TCU...that's some pretty cold stuff.
He was on the two deep after spring ball and was expected to be in the rotation when he announced his transfer. LSU accused TCU of "illegal contact" causing him to want to transfer and blocked him from going there.

Also involved in all of this is a big rivalry for recruits/camps between LSU and the Texas schools. Messy stuff.

Last edited:
He was on the two deep after spring ball and was expected to be in the rotation when he announced his transfer. LSU accused TCU of "illegal contact" causing him to want to transfer and blocked him from going there.

Also involved in all of this is a big rivalry for recruits/camps between LSU and the Texas schools. Messy stuff.
But isn't he a Louisiana kid, who made the two deep at LSU? For most kids from Louisiana that would be the dream scenario. Why would TCU still be recruiting a signed kid who has already spent a year at LSU? There is plenty of talent in Texas. It just seems like there are some unknowns going on here.

I get the feeling he will give us a real good look here...something in the Air here.
What most of us forget is Dino has coached for 30+ years, and some of our other coaches have a lot of time in. Unlike our previous staffs, they have made a lot of contacts over the years. They know coaches all over the country, and have gained the trust of High School Coaches. Now that they are at a big time school, they already have a foot in the door. When they start to win, they will get the better recruits to come.

With a 4-star Elite 11 QB, and three 4-star linemen, I would hedge higher than 7-8 wins.

Agree, but remember, our defensive talent is still relearning how to play defense.

Although I have no idea, my bet would be that this is more about Eddie O churning the roster to open spots and not an exodus of "talent."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom