Class of 2018 - JUCO RB Jo-El Shaw (Lackawanna CC) Verbal to Kent St | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 JUCO RB Jo-El Shaw (Lackawanna CC) Verbal to Kent St

"Pittsburgh is showing the most interest and wants him to camp this summer before offering. "

How do you show the most interest when you won't offer? Wouldn't those who are the most interested readily offer?

He seems sensitive. At the end of the day, he didn't live up to his end of the bargain and the staff had a season to prep for/other recruits to budget time for.

Could be future locker room poison. Won't be a happy 235 lb snowflake if he doesn't see the field right away. You don't think Dino has taken notice? Lack of interest could be a way of evaluating character and how he Jo El reacts. This kid has a sense of entitlement and a big lack of owning up/personal responsibility that will likely limit him.

Kid has 2 years eligibility. Of course he's looking for a situation that presents chance for early playing time.

Could be future locker room poison. Won't be a happy 235 lb snowflake if he doesn't see the field right away. You don't think Dino has taken notice? Lack of interest could be a way of evaluating character and how he Jo El reacts. This kid has a sense of entitlement and a big lack of owning up/personal responsibility that will likely limit him.
That's a really nasty assessment, based on one article.

Kid has 2 years eligibility. Of course he's looking for a situation that presents chance for early playing time.

There is a difference between chance and demanding. Seems the concept of EARNING playing time is lacking. As you can see I am very old school, Schwartzwalder old school.

images-5.jpg

It would have been nice if Bailey would have poked a little further into the circumstances surrounding his not qualifying. I get that the articles by nature have to be one-sided when interviewing recruits but it's very frustrating to see accusations being made by one side that could be run to ground a little further by asking some more questions.

If he and the staff had some sort of understanding and he did meet his end of it, then I can completely understand why they would decide to not pursue as he probably didn't appear to be reliable to them.

Have plenty of 2018 recruits at the position who will gladly be willing to put in the work the first time around in order to earn and maintain the staffs interest and respect. Its a two way street, this one aint on cuse in my opinion. Should be gracious for a second opportunity with a coach and school that was justified to cut ties the first time through.

I think y'all are blowing this out of proportion.
Honestly I don't quite understand why the staff wouldn't continue to recruit this kid even when he didn't qualify. Maybe after a semester at JUCO if he isn't making the grad then drop him.
Plus none of us know what promises were or weren't made.
I'm more curious if Hart, who left after only one season, should have continued to recruit him. Maybe his decision to move on was made long before the end of the season.

I think y'all are blowing this out of proportion.
Honestly I don't quite understand why the staff wouldn't continue to recruit this kid even when he didn't qualify. Maybe after a semester at JUCO if he isn't making the grad then drop him.
Plus none of us know what promises were or weren't made.
I'm more curious if Hart, who left after only one season, should have continued to recruit him. Maybe his decision to move on was made long before the end of the season.
Maybe that was part of the reason, they didn't keep Hart as RB coach.

doesn't want to waste his time? building back trust?? the kid did horribly in school, that is on him! if he has a learning disability that was missed, or some other extenuating circumstance, then I wouldn't say it was on him, otherwise it is on him! The staff waited to see if he had a chance to qualify at SU. the kid has turned things around academically, which is great. However, to act like we owe him now and we insulted him really ticks me off. I don't know the whole story, of course, but on the surface I don't like what I am hearing from this young man.