Class of 2020 - JUCO WR Isaiah Jones (FL/El Camino CC) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 JUCO WR Isaiah Jones (FL/El Camino CC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he's tall. But his film isn't anything special and he wasn't very productive. 19 catches 238 yards and 1 score per this page. I don't like being negative, but other than lots of eligibility for a JUCO, this is a big shrug of a shoulders prospect for me.

I trust Lustig. He is as good a coach as we have on staff.

Well, he's tall. But his film isn't anything special and he wasn't very productive. 19 catches 238 yards and 1 score per this page. I don't like being negative, but other than lots of eligibility for a JUCO, this is a big shrug of a shoulders prospect for me.

We have a void on the roster right now. We need big receivers who can catch the ball in traffic, win 50/50s, beat defenders in the air. Isaiah is a possession guy. He probably won’t get a lot of long TDs on fly patterns but he will get you tough first downs and be a good option in the red zone (an area we were really bad last season).

Looks like he will be a good blocker too, which is another area we have been lacking with our current WRs. We got too small and skinny there, paid the price and are addressing the issue.

We have a void on the roster right now. We need big receivers who can catch the ball in traffic, win 50/50s, beat defenders in the air. Isaiah is a possession guy. He probably won’t get a lot of long TDs on fly patterns but he will get you tough first downs and be a good option in the red zone (an area we were really bad last season).

Looks like he will be a good blocker too, which is another area we have been lacking with our current WRs. We got too small and skinny there, paid the price and are addressing the issue.
he could also be a good gunner on punts or would that be more alford?

You also have to remember most of the time JUCO coaches try to play all the kids so they get film and the stats will most likely never be super eye poping.
The film he is has is okay nothing jaw dropping. We have a pretty big void on the roster for this type of WR and we have 4 years to work with him still.
Would be a pretty good pick up.

Last edited:
You also have to remember most of the time JUCO coaches try to play all the kids so they get film and the stats will most likely never be super eye pooping.
The film he is has is okay nothing jaw dropping. We have a pretty big void on the roster for this type of WR and we have 4 years to work with him still.
Would be a pretty good pick up.

Dear god, please don't let super eye pooping ever be a thing.

Agree 100%. Big bodied receivers are what Syracuse needs. Look at Clemson, FSU, LSU. Big bodied guys who can get off press coverage, block in the run and pass game and go for contested ball which makes any quarterback look good. Here is to Syracuse signing as many of these types as possible. Go Orange!!!!

Watch his senior highlights at Cocoa. He played in the slot, caught balls across the middle. 62 for 1100 yards and 8 tds.

Team played for the 4A state championship that year and he was named 2nd Team All-State WR

Last edited:
Might seem obvious since he's coming on an official visit, but have we actually offered this kid?

Could be a sizeable body to block in our offense.

Everyone rips on Butler’s last season with the Orange, but he opened up routes and YAC for other receivers almost on a play by play basis in our offense. It’s like moving without the ball in basketball, we need guys who never take plays off. Is this guy it? Idk I have to watch more video.

I watched his HS highlights. Positive- He has great hands and overall ball skills. Negative- He's slow. He is a big body WR that we need. Im thinking the staff is not confident that Hendrix will get healthy and this is his replacement or they may be looking for a big slot/flexed TE type for our offense. Jones played the slot in HS and caught a lot of balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.