Class of 2019 - JUCO WR Reggie Hemphill-Mapps (TX) to Missouri Southern State | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 JUCO WR Reggie Hemphill-Mapps (TX) to Missouri Southern State

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's one position we don't have a need, it's WR. The question is if he's too good to pass up.

If there's one position we don't have a need, it's WR. The question is if he's too good to pass up.
From a talent perspective, he's too good to pass up. He isn't leaving Texas because he was recruited over or wasn't getting playing time. He was probably Texas' second most talented receiver. He left for other reasons, and his high school coach - of all people - will have a good handle on how he'd potentially fit into the syracuse football culture. He may not be interested in Syracuse (in which case it is all moot anyway), but if Syracuse isn't interested in him it'll be for culture reasons more than talent reasons.

Coaches? Knock knock. Coaches? Let's get him into the newly inaugurated Texas pipeline, or at least on Twitter.
If he doesn't have a release from Texas yet it would be a violation for the staff to be following him on twitter.

If he doesn't have a release from Texas yet it would be a violation for the staff to be following him on twitter.
My understanding is he does have a release from UT... no inside info but I live in Austin and listen to UT's official sports radio station and they say Herman cut him loose.

The kid was a really good receiver his freshman year but a) Herman didn't recruit him, Charlie Strong did and b) Herman seems to be a bit of a doochenozel with a my way or highway style. I think he's a great coach but he seems to be one of those obsessive, must breathe, eat, , live football coaches... basically the opposite of the culture Strong instilled. In Herman's defense, that culture change is what UT probably needed after Strong and Mac Brown. I wouldn't be surprised to see this kid go to USF.

I was scrolling through his twitter and saw this recent post. Also I see Luke Erickson is following him.

Assumming he didn't transfer and just sat out the season, wouldn't he be eligible to play next fall? If so he would be a 3 to play 3 correct?

Why are we suddenly nterested I wonder?

Big time playmaker. Great fit for our offense! Read some articles and it seems most Texas fans were pretty bummed about him leaving. Thought he was a huge piece for them going forward...not sure what happened but I'm glad to have him! Our staff is kickass!! Syracuse football has momentum baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.