Class of 2019 - JUCO WR Reggie Hemphill-Mapps (TX) to Missouri Southern State | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 JUCO WR Reggie Hemphill-Mapps (TX) to Missouri Southern State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speed is exactly what we can use.
He seems like a slightly bigger Riley and is a guy we can swing it too in space and what him make plays.
No problem with this pickup he is probably at worst a Texas 3 star which is a NY 4 star. If he was a 4 star even better.
I believe that site that starts with 2 and ends with 7 had him as a top 350 coming out of high school (#347?)

So we just added a guy that production wise is similar to Taj.

That ain't bad.

Stats wise, he's more impressive than Trishton Jackson was, and people here have said Jackson's maybe our best WR already.

His HS offer list is a who's who of teams. Texas, ND, OU, LSU, Clemson, etc. Our offense is going to look completely different next season with Tommy running the show and all this talent. If our OL gels quickly it's going to be a special season.

Give me a few DL and this is a fantastic class.

Surprised this is just now being talked about when he posted that on his IG on Nov 11th. Tommy Gun is gunna have some serious weapons at his disposal. Kid has big playmaking ability! might be in for a special season next year.

Wow, this kid looks absolutely unreal.

With the defense looking like it’s coming together and now the offense. VERY excited about next season.

Glad I have season tickets. Can’t wait to watch this team!!!

Surprised this is just now being talked about when he posted that on his IG on Nov 11th. Tommy Gun is gunna have some serious weapons at his disposal. Kid has big playmaking ability! might be in for a special season next year.
Because it was a random thread with no sign of any interest from Syracuse. With no offer. It's hard enough to keep track of the over 300 offerees for this class. Our coaches know how to "run silent and deep" when it comes to recruiting.

Because it was a random thread with no sign of any interest from Syracuse. With no offer. It's hard enough to keep track of the over 300 offerees for this class. Our coaches know how to "run silent and deep" when it comes to recruiting.

Very true...I wasnt implying that anyone dropped the ball or anything, just surprised no one caught it sooner. At least it's a very nice surprise! :)

Very true...I wasnt implying that anyone dropped the ball or anything, just surprised no one caught it sooner. At least it's a very nice surprise! :)
For the same reasons I mentioned I don't think anyone was creeping through all his social media. I wasn't.

From a talent perspective, he's too good to pass up. He isn't leaving Texas because he was recruited over or wasn't getting playing time. He was probably Texas' second most talented receiver. He left for other reasons, and his high school coach - of all people - will have a good handle on how he'd potentially fit into the syracuse football culture. He may not be interested in Syracuse (in which case it is all moot anyway), but if Syracuse isn't interested in him it'll be for culture reasons more than talent reasons.
I wrote this in February, and it remains true. He's a huge talent and would have started at Texas again this year had he not left. He'll immediately be our best slot guy and probably our best punt returner. I won't get into what happened at Texas, and will simply say that the presence of his high school coach on our staff makes me feel better about his transfer to Syracuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom