Class of 2019 JUCO WR Reggie Hemphill-Mapps (TX)

jgeorge322

All American
BTW I think Bailey did a good job not running with the story. Did his due diligence in vetting. There's great pressure (or at least a strong urge) to spread good news, but retracting it is like trying to put tothpaste back in the tube.
He scooped the story from here, tweeted it, and then retracted when he couldn’t confirm. Not sure how that is praiseworthy. One could argue he should have confirmed before tweeting it out.

Sudano

2nd String
I just think all of the folks worried about Dino leaving are under estimating the allure of the SU job. It would take a big offer, or a top 10 FB job, to lure him away, provided that SU pays a fair wage and provides the proper support.
Very True. Of course its going to have to be a top job. Because he's not leaving SU for TCU or Ole Miss. Ohio St. Michigan Florida, Florida St. LSU Alabama Clemson USC UCLA(not really top 10)
Texas, Texas AM Georgia Tennessee any others? Top 15 ish? That's what we're worried about. One of these teams looking at our Dino.

CA Monk

2nd String
He scooped the story from here, tweeted it, and then retracted when he couldn’t confirm. Not sure how that is praiseworthy. One could argue he should have confirmed before tweeting it out.
You’re right, it ain’t exactly Pulitzer prize territory, but with all the journalistic misinformstion these days I guess I just appreciate that he didn’t exacerbate the situation.

MadNY3

All Conference
BTW I think Bailey did a good job not running with the story. Did his due diligence in vetting. There's great pressure (or at least a strong urge) to spread good news, but retracting it is like trying to put tothpaste back in the tube.
But it never made Syracuse.com. He Tweeted the players Instagram post. He did nothing wrong and retracted accordingly.

jgeorge322

All American
But it never made Syracuse.com. He Tweeted the players Instagram post. He did nothing wrong and retracted accordingly.
For the record, i dont have any real problem with what bailey did. Im just not praising the guy for the story.

Top Bottom