Judah Mintz: Sixers Summer League | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz: Sixers Summer League

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the hate is strange. It may not have ended the way we wanted it to, but it's not like he can manifest teammates who can shoot or play defense. The guy tried hard, was elite at getting to the rim (best since Dion?), and obviously cared.

Things would have obviously been better if we had a three-level threat at small forward and guards who could shoot after running off of picks. He was playing with what, six guys who transferred down a level in the last two years? Gimmie a break

An Inquiring Mind: The OttoinGrotto Story
Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

Though i would call it:

"Is she hot? The Chronicles of a Pervert."

LMAO.
If Judah could have gotten that Duke call, he'd be on the next train to Durham.
Hell he'd probably be back here. Greenberg undressing him on national TV repeating everything that was said on the board was enough for me to just dislike him. Greenberg didn't do that without reason.

I just want to know what on and off the court people saw for them to on the front lines for him.

The narrative that there is a lot of hate on this board for Judah is a lazy straw man argument. I haven't read any post where I felt that was the case. Some, including myself, don't care for the way he played and conducted himself while wearing orange. There is no hate though. That's ridiculous.

The narrative that there is a lot of hate on this board for Judah is a lazy straw man argument. I haven't read any post where I felt that was the case. Some, including myself, don't care for the way he played and conducted himself while wearing orange. There is no hate though. That's ridiculous.
The term "hater" is often used by folks that don't understand what it truly means.

Like if I said "Jayson Tatum sucks, he didn't even win Finals MVP"

That's being a hater.

Judah didn't win anything. He was here two years and we didn't go to the tourney.

I don't have "hate" for Judah. I hope he does great in his pro career. I'm also glad he's off the team.

All the hate is strange. It may not have ended the way we wanted it to, but it's not like he can manifest teammates who can shoot or play defense. The guy tried hard, was elite at getting to the rim (best since Dion?), and obviously cared.

Things would have obviously been better if we had a three-level threat at small forward and guards who could shoot after running off of picks. He was playing with what, six guys who transferred down a level in the last two years? Gimmie a break
I predict he's in the league on a roster in 2 years

Because he was polarizing, fans tend to forget / ignore that the team around him wasn't the best, either. It's been said many times it's a miracle they won 20 games.

Could it have been better? Yes, but knowing behind the scenes what we do now, it could have been a lot worse if not for Judah.
20* wins
Div-II wins don’t officially count.

The term "hater" is often used by folks that don't understand what it truly means.

Like if I said "Jayson Tatum sucks, he didn't even win Finals MVP"

That's being a hater.

Judah didn't win anything. He was here two years and we didn't go to the tourney.

I don't have "hate" for Judah. I hope he does great in his pro career. I'm also glad he's off the team.
Just too much of a "me first" and "I'm going to get mine" player. How many times did he go 1 on 2 on the fastbreak and try and draw the foul instead of pass or bring the ball out and run the offense. Or it would be 2 on 1 on the break and he'd go to the hoop and not pass to the open man. And then he'd cry to the refs if they didn't call a foul after flopping on one of his selfish, out-of-control drives.

Last edited:
Do you have a current player you’d compare to Judah?

Not with his current 3 shooting %

Someone with a similar build/game like a Jaden Hardy type shoots 38%. Has to get it up there or he has no chance. But the pro game has proven to be a better spot to improve your shot imo than college, so def the right move

Just too much of a "me first" and "I'm going to get mine" player. How many times did he go 1 on 2 on the fastbreak and try and draw the foul instead of pass or bring the ball out and run the offense. Or it would be 2 on 1 on the break and he'd go to the hoop and not pass to the open man. And then he'd cry to the refs if they didn't call a foul after flopping on one of his selfish, out-of-control drives.
The most points scored by SU in first half 55, Judah 0, big lead when he sat for 10 minutes. 2nd half we score 32 Judah gets 17, and we almost lose the game.
A me first player, and we will be better off with him somewhere else.

Not with his current 3 shooting %

Someone with a similar build/game like a Jaden Hardy type shoots 38%. Has to get it up there or he has no chance. But the pro game has proven to be a better spot to improve your shot imo than college, so def the right move
Completely agree. I was thinking about the Celtics since he’s supposedly got a workout with them coming up. I can’t think of any guard currently on that team he’s better than. He’s not in the same universe as the starters. And his style of play most certainly wouldn’t do well with Tatum and Brown.

Be honest with an assessment of Judas talents.

He is exceptionally good at drawing fouls and getting to the line. That’s the one asset he has that sets him apart from other players.

Not a lock down defender and gambles way too much.

Limited athletically

Doesn’t Pass and involve teammates. Just look at the way Copeland passed when he played. Don’t tell me there wasn’t anyone to pass to as an excuse.

Ball handling could use improvement.

3pt shooting needs a lot of work.

NBA told him to work on certain things when he tested the waters last year and he came back and essentially didn’t change anything about his game and there wasn’t a drastic improvement in any areas.

I highly doubt he is drafted and will need to go overseas. Lot of holes in his game that needs work.

Do you have a current player you’d compare to Judah?
No I don't watch pro ball but his ability to beat pretty much any defender off the bounce is a rare skill. I believe his shot will improve and he's got the skills to defend.
Elite skills such as shooting, rebounding, and penetrating are what gets margin players roster spots.
Just ask Buddy.
Judah will make it. If not he will make a ton off shire.

No I don't watch pro ball but his ability to beat pretty much any defender off the bounce is a rare skill. I believe his shot will improve and he's got the skills to defend.
Elite skills such as shooting, rebounding, and penetrating are what gets margin players roster spots.
Just ask Buddy.
Judah will make it. If not he will make a ton off shire.
He’s not getting by nba guards like he did at SU. He won’t get to the line because he’s not getting those calls in the pros, especially if tries whining like he did last year. His shooting isn’t getting him any looks. Offshore is his best option.

The main problem with Judah's mindset when driving is that it's so dependent on the refs. We saw it last year. When the refs feel like blowing their whistle, he looked unstoppable at times. When they didn't make those calls, he was largely ineffective.

producing these types of docs for players could be a great recruiting tool, imo

this is very well done

it's sad that judah gets some negativity on here...everyone was ecstatic when he decided to come back as a soph

yeah he didnt quite reach his full potential...but he was talented and generally seemed to try his hardest out there

otoh. you can see from this how important the narrative players have in their heads is to how they play: judah was hellbent on NBA immediately...and perhaps that was the source of some his struggles, ironically
The negativity on here about Judah is mental. Could he have been a better PG and worked harder to develop his passing and decision making skills? Yes. Should he have listened to the coaches more and had a better attitude last season? Absolutely. But without him, we wouldn’t have won 10 @$:$#% games. JB said it best: Judah is a good kid but also a difficult player to coach. But that’s not a reason for people to spout so much vitriol towards him.

The negativity on here about Judah is mental. Could he have been a better PG and worked harder to develop his passing and decision making skills? Yes. Should he have listened to the coaches more and had a better attitude last season? Absolutely. But without him, we wouldn’t have won 10 @$:$#% games. JB said it best: Judah is a good kid but also a difficult player to coach. But that’s not a reason for people to spout so much vitriol towards him.
Meh. I just don't care for how he played, carried himself on the court, and played "me" ball. This is a thread about Judah Mintz. It comes with the good, bad and ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom