Judah is an Iverson clone | Syracusefan.com

Judah is an Iverson clone

Tony DeFranco

2nd String
For a first year player he is a near image of Iverson - Iverson had more shake and a better handle and Judah has better vertical

For a first year player he is a near image of Iverson - Iverson had more shake and a better handle and Judah has better vertical

Hyperbolize much? Kid is a fine player, but AI is
probably the best 6’ player ever.
He was also probably the best dual threat QB in his HS class.

What’s up with Judah not shooting any 3’s? I don’t recall him not being able to hit them but maybe l’ve been smoking too much weed.

Seems like some pull-up 3’s could have helped open the lane if he hit a couple, but he’s reluctant to shoot anything other than layups and off-balance midrange floater/jumper things (which he hits at a surprisingly high rate for what they are).

What’s up with Judah not shooting any 3’s? I don’t recall him not being able to hit them but maybe l’ve been smoking too much weed.

Seems like some pull-up 3’s could have helped open the lane if he hit a couple, but he’s reluctant to shoot anything other than layups and off-balance midrange floater/jumper things (which he hits at a surprisingly high rate for what they are).
Agreed. Several times second half I wanted him to pull up.

I can only guess he’s been coached not to, but idk. We have a team full of one dimensional players right now.
His strength appears to be the paint. But he's shown he can shoot. We need him to at times. Especially when Joe is... doing whatever. That was the play several times when he had the ball up top.

during the first half tonight, people had him as a one and done. guy couldn't even dribble the ball second half against pressure. whats with the hurry to anoint everyone?

I think he ran out of gas. I think if handled right this game will actually be a good experience for a lot of our guys. Everybody did something positive and all have learning points too. Kreese? Well, I can't really explain that but he's not a guy looking to build off anything so nothing lost there.

Right now? This isn’t a knock on Judah but AI was a talent you see once a generation.
I know, I'm just keeping the door open incase Judah does becomes a Stud Pro lmao

Am I the only one who finds it repulsive that you would compare Judah to a Hoya thug, even if it is true that Mr Practice was a better player?

Too early to tell.

He could be being coached not to shoot threes, based upon how he shoots the ball in practice. Or it could just be him playing within his limitations / to his strengths.

But not sure we've seen enough to say definitively.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom